Hooters

This is a discussion on Hooters within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hey saw a sign in texas outside a hooters that just said no handguns allowed inside. do they make 51% or more from alcohol sales? ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hooters

Hooters

hey saw a sign in texas outside a hooters that just said no handguns allowed inside. do they make 51% or more from alcohol sales? or is that sign bogus?
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."
    -Thomas Jefferson

2 Chronicles 7:14

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    do they make 51% or more from alcohol sales?

I'm sure they do.
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived."
    -General George S. Patton

USAF Master Sergeant, Retired

How would the average person know such things?

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    The signs in Texas that really mean something to a licensed handgun carrier are the "30.06" signs, and the "51%" signs. There are also signs that are posted at any place that sells alcohol, that apply to UNLICENSED carry of handguns. Anyone who carries a handgun in Texas should educate themselves on the differences between these three types of signa! The original post does not adequately describe the sign seen at Hooters. Did the sign actually say "51%" anywhere on it?

I don't go to Hooters much, so I have not noticed the signs. The scenery is not good enough to compensate for the quality of the food. Based on the one time I did go into Hooters as a customer, long ago, it is indeed possible they are more of a sports bar than a restaurant, so perhaps they do derive more than 51% of sales from alcoholic beverages.

Signage is not always correct. I have seen "51%" signs at grocery stores.
    Last edited by Rexster; June 24th, 2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: clarification

VIP Member

Hum???

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    do they make 51% or more from alcohol sales?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixgunner View Post

I'm sure they do.
    Hum???

There are Hooters in Virginia, which advertise/have a "Full Bar." Not that I'm admitting having ever being in one. But, I assure you that in some you can OC w/o anyone paying any attention.

To even get a license for Mixed beverages, our law allows 55% (e.g., 45% must be from food cooked or prepared, and consumed on the premises and nonalcoholic beverages served on the premises).

4.1-210. Mixed beverages licenses.

A. Subject to the provisions of 4.1-124, the Board may grant the following licenses relating to mixed beverages:

1. Mixed beverage restaurant licenses, which shall authorize the licensee to sell and serve mixed beverages for consumption in dining areas and other designated areas of such restaurant. Such license may be granted only to persons (i) who operate a restaurant and (ii) whose gross receipts from the sale of food cooked or prepared, and consumed on the premises and nonalcoholic beverages served on the premises, after issuance of such license, amount to at least 45 percent of the gross receipts from the sale of mixed beverages and food. For the purposes of this paragraph, other designated areas shall include outdoor dining areas, whether or not contiguous to the licensed premises, which outdoor dining areas may have more than one means of ingress and egress to an adjacent public thoroughfare, provided such areas are under the control of the licensee and approved by the Board.
    I assume that that some don't meet that threshold as they don't list a "Full Bar", or that some could fall between 51% and 55%.

But, FWIIW, I'd bet that many Hooters do sell more that 50% food and nonalcoholic beverages.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

You're asking the wrong people, ask the Manager at the Hooters where you saw the sign.

Booze in restaurants is more expensive than Hot Wings so I wouldn't be surprised at all if that is indeed the case.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I was under the impression that Hooters' main commodity was something other than alcohol.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

VIP Member
    With a topic of "Hooters"... WHERE'S THE PICTURES?

Oh Oh! Too much Red Bull tonight!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

This makes me wonder if this "no firearms" policy extends to all their locations in the US. I'll have to stop by the Hooters located here in Las Vegas and look for any "no firearms" signs if I'm passing by in that part of town.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Perhaps it depends on which Hooters one goes into, but in my experience the scenery DOES make up for the food.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Why would you even patronize such a place? If they don't want you to carry guns, then don't give them your money. You should also respect their wishes and not carry if you choose to enter.

"No Firearms allowed" must be a invalid sign

I just get a glass of water and sit in the corner with my sunglasses on.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Hmmm...no one else saw thought this thread was going to be about owls, huh? Just me?

D'oh!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Doesn't worry me, I just won't set foot in one. If the food is bad as some of the respondents indicate, I'll spend money where the food is good and they have no problems with ccw. Just a preference thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links