Defensive Carry banner

121 and counting.....

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Jumper2501 
#1 ·
Still nothing in my mailbox. Finally had a chance to try and call SLED. The first time I thought I was lucky, when a real live person answered.

There was a recording on the line too, like it used to sound when someone's answering machine came on but they picked up another extension in the house. The live person hung up and let the recording go, letting me know that, if it's been 100 days +, I should leave my name and number and they'll get back to me. Left my info and tried calling back a couple more times but it went straight to the recording. A little frustrating when a couple of members have gotten theirs back right at 90 days or even just shy of it, but what can I do?

Hey, just thought of something....maybe the Governor planned to deliver it to me personally but it got misplaced in his office....I mean on the Appalachian trail...I mean in Argentina.

#2 ·
Call the Gov and tell him that you're an international photographer and you have the "pictures"...and if you don't get your permit in a day or two, you're going straight to the papers.:rofl:

#4 ·
Just as a reference, SLED cashed my check around March 24 about a week after mailing it - I rec'd my permit yesterday, June 23. Somewhere about 90 - 95 days. Even though it was late, I never would have bothered calling SLED to see where it was in the process as I figure each call answered and researching the app on their end takes someone off the job of processing apps.

BTW - the letter accompanying the permit said "Thank you for your patience during this busy time we have been experiencing. Due to the state's recent budget cuts the size of our staff has diminished and we really appreciate your patience."

Hang in there - it will show up.

#6 ·
Texas CHL

Just checked the DPS website today and am happy to report that my status has changed to: "Application Completed- License issued or Certificate active. Its been 81 days from the day I received confirmation that DPS received my paperwork. Now, if they can only mail me the license, I'll be in good shape.

#9 ·
Congrats. That was pretty decent of them to do that. Sorta highlights the fact that the wait doesn't need to be as long as it is. If I hadn't finally gotten mine on the 3rd, I'd probably do the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.