CCW Checklist

This is a discussion on CCW Checklist within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Besides what everyone else said before me, I'd add a BUG. I usually have one on me whenever I can....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW Checklist

VIP Member
    Besides what everyone else said before me, I'd add a BUG. I usually have one on me whenever I can.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by michael t
    The Colt 1911A1 of course give that girle gun to you wife.
    As much as I agree, I can't knock 14 rounds of .45 ACP. I am thinking about the XD-45 myself, this from a guy who lives and breaths 1911's.

7 rounds vs 14 rounds, hum let's see! I'll take the 14 if the gun proves reliable.................. Man that was hard to say.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry
    As much as I agree, I can't knock 14 rounds of .45 ACP. I am thinking about the XD-45 myself, this from a guy who lives and breaths 1911's.

7 rounds vs 14 rounds, hum let's see! I'll take the 14 if the gun proves reliable.................. Man that was hard to say.

Ti.
    Something like 1000 rounds through mine already, all of it cheap and dirty crud ammo, hasn't missed a beat.

Same 1911 grip angle.

Same 1911 inspired grip safety.

You like cocked and locked, try cocked and unlocked.

You can scratch it up all you want and you won't care.

Come to the XD side.

Was going to add my.02 cents worth but everybody else has it covered for ya. hope ya get yer permit soon and carry always and carry safe. Sixgun

I'm trying Euc! soon as I find one it's mine.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

A Positive Attitude!

First, congratulations. Equipment wise you seem well prepared, along with the few extras folks have suggested (cellphone and lawyer are high on my list).

Just go forth realizing that you represent a large group of law-abiding citizens...you represent us and you need to be a good ambassador as others have said.

Keep a good attitude and be proud of your descision to carry and protect you and your loved ones.

Oh and one more thing...hopefully you enjoy shooting and will practice regularly. Stay safe!

XD9
    The XD45 side sure feels good. Picked mine up Friday and put 200 rounds of dirty ammo through it. Loved every boom. Now both clips are loaded with gold dots and I now have the luxury of deciding each morning what gun gets to go out with me. (More than likely the answer is both.)

My local gun shop had 3 in stock on Friday. PM me if you want their number.

Edit: That was totally off topic. The list looks good. I hope you get the same peace of mind I get when I carry.
    There are 2 sounds in the world that strike more fear than any others. A click when you should hear a bang and a bang when you should hear a click.

EVERBODY'S PRETTY MUCH COVER IT............. I can't think of anything else, except good common sence when out and about and CCWing
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Always think...your weapon is only a tool. The real weapon sits on your shoulders.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Amen BlueLion
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Lead Moderator
    Another thought, get some advanced training in combat techniques. Most CCW classes I have seen cover more legal aspects than tactical /situational training.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I plan on taking the Defensive Handgun coarses offerd at O.F.A. (oregon firearms academy) this summer and learning as much as i can tactical wise about combat.

I will get to know a few defense lawyers around here and get their cards as well..

Using my head is getting easier these days.

Thanks guys.
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Lead Moderator
    enjoy the XD, I know they are nice shooters.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

1952 - 2006
    My usual carry gear consists of one of my 1911's, an extra mag, a Surefire 6P, Emerson CQC-7 and cell phone.

If that can't get me out of whatever I got into, shame on me.

Unless of course, I get to the Mossberg in the trunk.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

A spare mag is a must for me. Probably never need it as a reload but to overcome a primary mag failure it's irreplaceable. Given the choice between my 6P or an extra mag, I'll choose the extra mag every time.

You said you've got a knife in your multi-tool & that's fine but I'd suggest a good one handed opener from your favorite company (mine's Benchmade ), again those are irreplaceable. My knife rides clipped inside strongside front pocket no matter what - I sometimes have a secondary knife clipped inside the strongside back pocket as well (806SD2). Other than that it sounds like you're ready to rock.
    Jack

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links