Westside Road trip

Westside Road trip

This is a discussion on Westside Road trip within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok last minute road trip. Going from washington, through oregon, playing around in californistan, hopping over to nevada, popping over to utah, then shooting through ...

Thread: Westside Road trip

Westside Road trip

Ok last minute road trip.

Going from washington, through oregon, playing around in californistan, hopping over to nevada, popping over to utah, then shooting through idaho and blasting back into washington again. My permit is honored in utah, idaho and of course wa.

My quick question is can I have my pistol in the car in ca, or, and nevada? I keep it in a gunvault bolted to the floor behind the passenger seat covered with a coat.(I can reach it pretty quick from drivers seat.)

or does it have to be in the trunk, unloaded ,dissasembled,cable locked through the barrel, locked in a safe thats inside another safe, that you aren't allowed to have the keys to?

I know I could look it up, but you guys are funner and less work.
    -mac
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

I don't know what their laws are but would keep it handy when traveling no matter. I'd rather be able to argue the law that be dead!

hey fellow washingtonite. I agree 44's do rock! I concure, it is better to be armed than dead, but it is also better to be free than jailed. Just looking for the line, will decide later on wether to cross it or not.
    -mac
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

See if this helps.
    Carry Concealed

Regards,
    Jerry

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    See if this helps.
    Carry Concealed

Regards,
    Jerry
    Thanks for the link Jerry. It helped me too.
    SCGunLover1

kalifornia

Be very careful in kalifornia --I made a 180 mile trip in that state last month . Probably because of a serious revenue shortage, they are doing some serious traffic enforcement. I counted 20 CHP cars working that stretch, where normal is perhaps 2-3 .

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    See if this helps.
    Carry Concealed

Regards,
    Jerry
    Look at the comment below the blown up toilet... He did it with a Kahr? How would he put the safety on?

is your friend.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...alifornia.html

As it is, we can do WITHOUT the California Bashing (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Baja Boy View Post
    Be very careful in kalifornia --I made a 180 mile trip in that state last month . Probably because of a serious revenue shortage, they are doing some serious traffic enforcement. I counted 20 CHP cars working that stretch, where normal is perhaps 2-3 .
    +1 on the increased Highway Patrol issuing moving violations. I can't remember ever seeing them this aggressive on speeding. Be careful.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    California is easier than people think. If you are in a regular car (i.e. not an open SUV type vehicle) the trunk itself is the appropriate locked container. You cannot use the GunVault anywhere where you can reach it. Gun needs to be unloaded.

As for Law Enforcement in California, I find Speed Limit +4 is a good no worries policy.

Oregon tends to be more strict on out of state speeders.

Have a fun trip.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Would the trunk on the back of my Harley pass? I certainly can't get to it while riding. Of course, then there's the problem of when I stop...
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

thanks guys. not able to be on comp long or i would do my own searches. I will keep it locked in the trunk I guess unloaded and not letting the mag touch the gun and the mag will be 10 rd max...sheesh. I don't even really want to go. mace and extendable baton in the front console and folder in pocket for me I guess.

Or is there laws against that too. Not just kali, but nevada is worrysome too.

thanks again guys, back to work for me though
    -mac

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    California is easier than people think.... You cannot use the GunVault anywhere where you can reach it.....
    Please cite the code that makes illegal a gun locked in a container within reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack
    Mace and extendable baton in the front console and folder in pocket for me I guess. Or are there laws against that too?
    These should be fine and will post exception if I find any. I'm not a lawyer but want to know the code. It is the standard.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Nevada law (IANAL) - you may have a legally owned handgun, loaded or not, anywhere in your car, concealed or not as long as it is not concealed on your person (unless you have a permit that is recognized by Nevada).

That is the short version. If you want detail let me know or look up my previous posts on this topic.

Ken

Sponsored Links