Question on KS CCW Laws

Question on KS CCW Laws

This is a discussion on Question on KS CCW Laws within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm hoping to get my CCW soon, but I've been looking on the internet for an answer to a question and have been unsuccessful thus ...

Question on KS CCW Laws

I'm hoping to get my CCW soon, but I've been looking on the internet for an answer to a question and have been unsuccessful thus far.

If I am in public, and for some reason someone sees my gun (shirt slips up or something), then what are the ramifications? I know some states are open OR concealed carry, not both/and. Some people have said that if someone sees their gun printing, they can get arrested.

Just wanted to know if there's any KS people here who know the answer to this question.

I have been carrying since concealed carry was first legalized in Kansas and I have never had a problem even when my firearm was printing. Most sheeple (people) don't notice anyway, so relax and carry your pistol with confidence! Just keep your handgun covered up and concealed from view and you are legal. If you have any doubts still lingering contact the state attorney general's office.

The website of the Kansas Attorney General is www.ksag.org.
    God bless our troops!

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    As far as I can tell, there hasn't been any case law on this subject yet (FWIW, I've been out of KS for a year and a half now so).

Printing doesn't seem like it would be a problem as it would still be concealed (again no case law so who knows). If it becomes exposed, then you're no longer carrying concealed. In this case it's really going to depend upon your location because KS has allowed municipalities to regulate open carry (unless you're in a car).

Sadly, the best answer I can give you is: we won't know until someone gets arrested.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Kansas is an open carry state, Some cities restrict open carry however. There isn't a "Printing" law on the books, making it Illegal. If you have a CCL and a "man with a gun" call is made, you will likly get a taking too by the Responding LEO, If you have your CCL with you it shouldn't be an issue. However if you get some cowboy cop who knows. Printing is not even addressed by the KSAG site. Best practice is obviously concealed means concealed. If you have a accident and your shirt flies up it will probably be no big deal, especially in rural KS. as many local LEO are often plain clothes and nobody really cares that you have a gun.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by doctruptwn View Post
    Kansas is an open carry state, Some cities restrict open carry however.
    Yes, open carry on your person OR in a vehicle is prohibited in Wichita, Topeka, Lawrence and KC metro

There isn't a "Printing" law on the books, making it Illegal. If you have a CCL and a "man with a gun" call is made, you will likly get a taking too by the Responding LEO, If you have your CCL with you it shouldn't be an issue. However if you get some cowboy cop who knows. Printing is not even addressed by the KSAG site.
    Yes, printing or untentional display of a firearm is not against the law.

Best practice is obviously concealed means concealed. If you have a accident and your shirt flies up it will probably be no big deal, especially in rural KS. as many local LEO are often plain clothes and nobody really cares that you have a gun.
    If you have a Concealed Handgun License, then you may open carry on your person or vehicle in the cities which have a local ordnance prohibiting open carry.

Legal but not advised.

Join the Kansas CCW forum

Wow. Thanks for your expertise guys. I appreciate it.

Naturally, I'm planning on concealing well, but I just wanted to know.

Links