What I did on my Day off.

This is a discussion on What I did on my Day off. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well of course it involved guns. I went to a Gunshow. ( and yes I bought a gun ,but that's for another post) But that ...

Thread: What I did on my Day off.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar

Smile What I did on my Day off.

Well of course it involved guns.
    I went to a Gunshow. ( and yes I bought a gun ,but that's for
    another post) But that is not my point.

I have been carrying irregularly since I got my license,
    (in my vehicle , trips to the store,etc.)

But yesterday was the FIRST day I carried concealed from
    the moment I left home early morning until my return late
    in the evening.

Being in PA , I avoided elementary schools and Court Houses ,
    But everywhere else was fair game.

I drove down to Harrisburg for the show , and just did all the
    normal stuff one does on a day trip.
    Got gas 3 times , made lunch and coffee stops , hit the ATM ,
    and of course the Gshow.

I even went "casual carry" with my .357 snubbie just sittin in
    my front pants pocket.

(I was wearing reg. fit black jeans-pocket Tee - and a Flannel
    lined Long sleeve shirt , unbuttoned)

Nobody noticed (or nobody cared) and I lost the last shred of
    anxiety I may have had about carrying.

In fact , halfway through the day , I pretty much forgot I was
    carrying , except for a vague sense of well being .
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Wow, they disarm everyone at gun shows here. Kinda weird, but understandable. Don't want loaded guns being waved around.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    Wow, they diarm everyone at gun shows here. Kinda weird, but understandable. Don't want loaded guns being waved around.
    Well , I did unload inside at the show , (some people don't - and
    they don't search you) out of respect for the rules , but I saw
    plenty of gun waving
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Assistant Administrator
    I'd thought of driving over to show - and would like to have gone to last Valley Forge show too - but really just to darned far. Plus with Tulsa coming up - well, who knows!

Glad you had a good (carry) day.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sounds like a good day yeah as rocky said we have to unload here when we go to gun shows.

Don't much care for it nor the people handling my guns watched one of the security guards drop someones gun last show

That's why I bring everything pre cleared if possible, and position it for them so all they have to do is apply the ziptie. Drop the magazine, lock the slide open, etc.

It's interesting to hear the impressions of those who have just started to carry. It's been 5 years since I got my CCW and began carrrying. At first I was pretty self conscious about it, but now I feel, well, not completely "dressed" if I walk out of the house without a firearm.

I'm gonna be flying to Dallas soon on business, so I'll have another first, getting a firearm through airport security. It may or may not help that I'm an LEO now, but I'm still a bit edgy. I'm trying to decide which pistol I can most easily do without should it be lost or confiscated for some stupid reason or other. It's tough, kinda like trying to decide which one of your kids you could do without.

I'm sure it'll be okay, I've checked with the airline and the TSA regs, but still, it's my first time. Reminds me of how it felt when I first started carrying.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sacp81170a
    It's interesting to hear the impressions of those who have just started to carry. It's been 5 years since I got my CCW and began carrrying. At first I was pretty self conscious about it, but now I feel, well, not completely "dressed" if I walk out of the house without a firearm.

I'm gonna be flying to Dallas soon on business, so I'll have another first, getting a firearm through airport security. It may or may not help that I'm an LEO now, but I'm still a bit edgy. I'm trying to decide which pistol I can most easily do without should it be lost or confiscated for some stupid reason or other. It's tough, kinda like trying to decide which one of your kids you could do without.

I'm sure it'll be okay, I've checked with the airline and the TSA regs, but still, it's my first time. Reminds me of how it felt when I first started carrying.
    A friend of a friend is a federal LEO type. He was flying commercial on official business for his agency and was carrying his issue pistol.

They let him take that on the plane, but confiscated his nail clippers...

Matt

VIP Member
    ....Matt, I'm a Fed LEO so I fly armed frequently....your friend's clippers got confiscated? He would bypass a metal detector check....so how was it his clippers got confiscated? To have an armed agent lose his clippers sounds comical.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Links