Fantasy Thread - "If you could, how?"

This is a discussion on Fantasy Thread - "If you could, how?" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a thread for people who can't CCW at work for a darn good reason that doesn't involve a safety reason, ie gun control laws, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Thread - "If you could, how?"

Here's a thread for people who can't CCW at work for a darn good reason that doesn't involve a safety reason, ie gun control laws, company policy, etc. For instance firemen and anybody working with extremely strong magnetic fields would be examples of people who can't realistically carry a firearm on the job even if it were legal, it's quite possibly not safe.

If, and that's a big IF, if you could, like the law was changed tomorrow, carry on the job, AND you decided it was best to, HOW would you do it?

My own situation I've thought about long and hard. I'm a high school teacher. If CCW were possible in that setting security and concealment would be incredibly difficult! OWB carry would not work. IWB carry could work but you have (sometimes overly curious) youngsters staring at your waistline all day. Face it, when you're sitting in a desk eye level with someone's belt, and you're bored, you are looking at whatever naturally rests at eye level.

A tuckable holster would work if you had a completely invisible or disguised belt attachment, but I personally feel the way to go would be Smartcarry. It's invisible, it keeps it on the body, and the kids are going to touch you but not there, and if they do they deserve to be freaked out a little anyway.

When I have occassion to use Smartcarry, I actually empty my right front pocket and carry it with the gun at roughly 1 o clock like a narc. The gun prints ever so slightly sometimes but it just looks like I have something in my pocket.

Why a thread like this? Because I believe that people who work in police stations, hospitals, federal buildings, etc. are not an inherent danger to themselves or others by merely carrying a firearm. When I first started concealing handguns on my body, I had no idea I could conceal relatively large guns, even multiple guns, with ease after a little practice. I think if you're professionally qualified to do whatever it is you do, and licensed by CCW, you're probably smart enough to figure out a solution to that dilemma. So let's see your ingenuity!

Iwb would be the way i would carry

Assistant Administrator
    Probably the upper body version of the belly band - the ''deep concealment'' rig from Action Direct. This would keep gun tight under arm, have little or no showing thru under a shirt and probably be comfortable enough except in extreme heat perhaps.

Maybe too - with good length and large legs pants - an ankle rig.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Euc, I am employed in a hospital , and sometimes i have carried on the job. The reasons for me doing this are presonal . But the most effective method that worked for me was a belly band. Using this while i was wearing my scrub uniforms left no printing at all. Some days i just locked my pistol in my locker when i arrived for work and discreetly stuck it back in the band when leaving. The most intresting thing about this was a few of my fellow co-workers knew i was carrying, and completly supported me. No complaints what so ever.
    I am in no way stating that everyone should do this. I could have been fired for doing so, but i had my reasons at that particular time. I believe that if someone who has aCCW permit and chooses to do something like this should really think about how they will be dressed ,as well as what they will be doing on the job, and find their mode of carry then. For instance, I usually carry IWB,but with scrubs this was'nt going to work . The belly band was the way to go. Just my .02

As a substitute teacher sometimes, if it were legal to carry on the job I would use my K-T P32 in my back pocket as I do at church. Since I can carry while working, I do. SA Custon 1911 A1 Loaded. (that is loaded features & the gun loaded cocked & locked.)
    Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member
    Texas CHL Instructor. www.pdtraining.us

PagerPal in loose pants. Tuck it behind a cell phone. No bulge anyplace there shouldn't be one.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Member Array Optimistic Paranoid's Avatar
    Here's another option for deep covert carry:

http://www.comp-tac.com/

Scroll on down the page to the one called CENTERLINE

It's available only for certain Kel-Tec models, which are very small and very light.

John Farnam recomends this particular set up for a concealed back-up. He carries the .380 with CorBon 90 grain PowerBall.

Interestingly, one of the GUN ANNUALS did an article on Bug Out equipment, and discussed one of these little Kel-Tecs as the perfect "Shelter Gun" - something you carry concealed into a public shelter you are forced to use after a disaster.

They had one that had been worked over by Robar - the action had been smoothed a little, and then given the NP3 treatment. They also mounted a gold shotgun bead to give it a more useful rudimentary front sight.

Sounds a bit like trying to turn a sows ear into a silk purse, but hey - "If it sounds stupid, but it works, then it ain't stupid".
    Regards
    John

Life Member - American Society of Armed Political Malcontents

Question Authority. Hang As Necessary!

In God I Trust. Everybody Else Keep Your Hands Where I Can See Them!

Lead Moderator
    She would have long dark hair...........Oops! wrong fantasy. IWB for me , for maximum concealment.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    The Smart Carry holster is a good choice and one I use now and then to conceal a myriad of guns I own.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Fantasy? OK, I'd have a top hat and a GP-101 would pop out of the top on a spring held with a fat old gloved hand, a-la Dr. Seuss, and it would point down at whatever I needed shot at.

I have a Pocket Guru for my Skyy CPX-1: It really looks like a wallet in my front pocket. That's about as creative as my mind will work this morning with only one cup of coffee so far....sigh

Kramer Confidant.

Has holsters sewn into a t-shirt. I have worn this on vacation to friends of my wife. They were rather anti and she asked me not to carry.
    Glock 27 and confidant.
    Everyone was happy.
    Not the fastest draw, but really beats being unarmed.

Hey Jamz, let me know where i can get one of those hats.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    It's not worth it to me to carry where prohibited:

Reason #1... You run the chance of losing your CCW permit. Then, you can't carry anywhere.

Reason #2...Any investigative case brought against me for any amount of time, may likely affect my clearance status, and therefore my employment status. NOT worth losing the job to go there.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Smartcarry,thunderwear.
    With baggy clothes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links