Florida CCW/CWP Delays not going away

This is a discussion on Florida CCW/CWP Delays not going away within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Short and sweet Package mailed March 15 w/ electronic fingerprints Check was cashed April 30 Today June 30, called to check on status, was told ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Florida CCW/CWP Delays not going away

Angry Florida CCW/CWP Delays not going away

Short and sweet

Package mailed March 15 w/ electronic fingerprints

Check was cashed April 30

Today June 30, called to check on status, was told to expect at least another 4 weeks, so now end of July which equates to 120 days or more.

Florida constitution mandates 90 days.

Email below sent to Governor Crist

Governor Crist,
    Today I am saddened to find that the state has failed to meet its constitutional duty, of processing my application for a Concealed Weapons Permit within 90 days. I have contacted the Department of Agriculture, and although I am "in the system", and although they cashed my check over 60 days ago, I am told not to expect my application to be reviewed for 20-30 more days. Assuming that estimated is correct, it will result in over 120 days from application to issuance.

I understand there have been funding and manpower issues, but since I am paying an exorbitant fee just to obtain this license, this excuse does not hold water. We as citizens are bound by many government regulations, so why is it that the government is not bound by it's own regulations, that being the states constitution.

Your thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully Submitted,

2. Remove Ads

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

My wife recently waited 110 days for her renewal.
    Hang in there...it will soon be here!
    Buy lots of ammo while you're waiting.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Patience is a Virtue

Trying to be patient, but I wonder how patient the state/county would be with me to pay my Property Taxes, or collected Sales Taxes from my business. Would they give me a free 25% time extension.....NOT

Yeah, what Retsupt99 said.

It's a hassle waiting, but the permit WILL come and you'll have it forever.

It sucks waiting, but I am reasonably certain that no one is intentionally "doing this to you". I am sure that those responsible for processing would love to have less pressure on them. THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE (new applicants) WHO SUDDENLY WANT CWP's IN FLORIDA

I can not tell you to be patient, but I can suggest that it will be over soon and you will forget the "long" wait. As suggested, buy plenty of ammo.

On second thought, maybe that's not a good idea, since there seems to be either a shortage or a long wait for ammo in many places and we don't want your blood pressure to be aggravated. LOL

Go get some ammo. Go to the range and PRACTICE, PRACTICE and then PRACTICE some more. Life is good. Some snags are expected.

Have patience....they have been right at 110 days recently give or take

Constitutional? I doubt they care anyway...especially chain-gang Charlie
    2A is not negotiable

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sdultra View Post
    Trying to be patient, but I wonder how patient the state/county would be with me to pay my Property Taxes, or collected Sales Taxes from my business. Would they give me a free 25% time extension.....NOT
    I'll have to agree that they wouldn't be patient with if you waited to pay your property taxes or sales taxes from your business. They shouldn't be allowed to cash your check until the day they mail the permits. I bet that would speed things up not only in Fla. but other states as well.
    SCGunLover1

Thanks for all the replies. I am certainly a patient one and won't raise a stink on the phone with the DofA phone personnel, but thought it worthy of sharing the info with others who might be in the same boat. As for ammo here in Southern Palm Beach county, I have a found a hidden gem location where most ammo can be bought at reasonable prices. They have a sort of hidden store front and mostly sell at shows and such. I have a Beretta 92FS and a Walther P22. Bought 1000 rounds for the Beretta when I purchased it, and was able to get a box of CCI Blazers (500 ct) for only $25 dollars at said location. If anyone wants to know where they are feel free to PM me.

As for Gov Crist, he did at least listen to us and veto the robbery of the CCW funding, but beyond that has not shown me much else.

Thumbs up

Don't be that impatient that you want your life to fly by just to have a silly license...Cherish each and every day and sooner or later it will come. I've had my permit for 9yrs. Seems like yesterday..Patience could be a good virtue to have when you have the legal right to decide life or death..

Quote Originally Posted by Killam Ahl View Post
    Don't be that impatient that you want your life to fly by just to have a silly license...Cherish each and every day and sooner or later it will come. I've had my permit for 9yrs. Seems like yesterday..Patience could be a good virtue to have when you have the legal right to decide life or death..
    'Patience' and government agencies that do not follow their own mandates do not necessarily go hand in hand.

I am the most patient person I know, others who know me confirm it. BUT.... I have great intolerance for government agencies that break the very rules they impose on the rest of us.

Also, I'm not going to start a flame war here, but your "silly license" comment on your very first post is certain to generate a lot of responses for the ridiculous statement that it is.

I DO believe it is a silly license especially when each and every one of us has the legal right to BEAR ARMS and then the politicians came up with ways to turn it into a money making racket...Now this is my 2nd post..

HRK
    Took about 3 to 4 months to get mine, even did the electronic fingerprint, put everything in the packet.

Talked with the gals up in Tallahassee, last time they had over 70,000 requests to process for new licenses alone...

They do make a fee, but they also have to pull your records setup the account, file, mail out the license etc. If you don't have the package together correctly it will delay it.

Buds took right at 120 days... the original 90 days was easily done before the Obama gun run....
    Last edited by HRK; June 30th, 2009 at 05:51 PM.

Duaghter sent hers out mid May I'm guessing it will show up aboutend of Sep. firt of Oct. Just a guess
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Please cite that portion of the Florida Constitution that mandates your ccw be issued within 90 days.

Don't confuse state statutes with the Constitution.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

On SC's application form it states that it can take from 90 to 120 to process your application. They are swamped just as other states so it may be well past the 120 day mark.

I hope to get mine by October.

MTee
    Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec SS .45
    Springfield XD Service 9mm
    Taurus Mil-Pro PT111 9mm
    NRA Member

I don't mind the government being corrupt (I expect it) as long as they are pragmatic about it...what would a politician do to fix these delays? Easy, have a CCW rush processing department where you can buy a priority for an additional fee and get your license back in a month. State makes money, you get your permit quicker... yeah I don't like it but it's a compromise and the best thing anyone can hope for in politics is compromise...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links