CCW Permit / AZ State Shutdown

This is a discussion on CCW Permit / AZ State Shutdown within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In mid May I completed my required CCW course for the state of Arizona, sent in my money order, application and fingerprint card and began ...

Thread: CCW Permit / AZ State Shutdown

In mid May I completed my required CCW course for the state of Arizona, sent in my money order, application and fingerprint card and began the wait.

As of last week ( 3rd week of June ) my money order was cashed, my application was processed and I was informed ( I called ) that I was now in the "Background Check" phase of the process. The lady I spoke with said the wait should be about another 4-6 weeks.

Well unless the the Governor and Senate both come to an agreement on the budget, our state govt is essentially closing down at midnight tonight !!! I wonder how long this is going to set back my permit ...

According to the newspaper ( and the scare tactics contained therein ) many public services will be shuttered ... does this include the CCW division of the DPS? Hopefully they'll at least be able to service the folks whose checks they've already cashed !!!

If you can't tell I'm tired of waiting.

Rant Over

Don't fret it,. They will come up with something.. Nothing is going to be shut down,... I'm more worried about some of the bill's out there that we are so close to getting passes.. But it is out of our hands as of yet..

PS... I understand your anxiety for sure.. But things will work out..

Lucky for you, a shutdown would mean some politicians wouldn't be getting pay checks......it's not going to happen.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Not to worry. With this current administration, government is only getting bigger, while the rest of us take it on the chin. We have some serious voting coming up in the future. Lets pray for this country. I do every day.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirpy72 View Post

In mid May I completed my required CCW course for the state of Arizona, sent in my money order, application and fingerprint card and began the wait.

As of last week ( 3rd week of June ) my money order was cashed, my application was processed and I was informed ( I called ) that I was now in the "Background Check" phase of the process. The lady I spoke with said the wait should be about another 4-6 weeks.

Well unless the the Governor and Senate both come to an agreement on the budget, our state govt is essentially closing down at midnight tonight !!! I wonder how long this is going to set back my permit ...

According to the newspaper ( and the scare tactics contained therein ) many public services will be shuttered ... does this include the CCW division of the DPS? Hopefully they'll at least be able to service the folks whose checks they've already cashed !!!

If you can't tell I'm tired of waiting.

Rant Over
    Open carry may be a viable option until then. It's what I'd do to stay armed.

Wow, things change. Several year ago, my permit arrived in about 10 days.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Wow..that's rough. When I applied for mine in AZ (I used to live there not too long ago) I got it within a couple of weeks...I wonder what changed?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    Wow..that's rough. When I applied for mine in AZ (I used to live there not too long ago) I got it within a couple of weeks...I wonder what changed?
    Since the changing of the guard in January they've been getting applications by the tens of THOUSANDS every week. Also due to the state being broke they went from 10 employees to just 2-3.

It sucks I know, I'm waiting also..

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    they will figure out something our state was like that last year none of the high paid people will go without getting paid so they will agree to something
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tougeep3 View Post
    Since the changing of the guard in January they've been getting applications by the tens of THOUSANDS every week. Also due to the state being broke they went from 10 employees to just 2-3.

It sucks I know, I'm waiting also..
    Yikes...it wasn't that long before Jan I got mine. I applied on Nov 24th and got it in less than 10 days if I remember correctly...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

yeah the waiting sucks. I took my class and mailed it in they recieved it on april 23rd. It seems there just as slow in Louisiana too. Like he said above I'm tired of waiting also. Seems the states can't wait to tax us to death, but they sure make us wait to recieve anything from them. Sorry for the rant also.
    Patrick

Local New station KLOB in Tucson ran a news storied that stated that DPS was not going to shut down, regardless of the results of the SHOWDOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Local New station KLOB in Tucson ran a news storied that stated that DPS was not going to shut down, regardless of the results of the SHOWDOWN
    Channel 3 in Phoenix just reported the same thing. Hopefully they'll be able to iron out the sticking points in the budget ... not just for my selfish reasons but I'd rather not see any state employees not get a paycheck ( police, office workers etc. )

OK, the budget passed @ 3am ... govt will not be shutting down.

Back to waiting !!

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Yeah, there are a LOT of permits going through the system with fewer employees to process them. I got mine in about 2 weeks a couple of years ago, but have heard they are taking longer now with the increased demand.

Thankfully, no shutdown.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Links