North Carolina - Right-To-Carry Improvement Bill

This is a discussion on North Carolina - Right-To-Carry Improvement Bill within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; NRA-ILA :: North Carolina: Right-to-Carry Improvement Bill Stalled in Raleigh! North Carolina: Right-to-Carry Improvement Bill Stalled in Raleigh! Tuesday, June 30, 2009 Despite passing the ...

Thread: North Carolina - Right-To-Carry Improvement Bill

North Carolina - Right-To-Carry Improvement Bill

NRA-ILA :: North Carolina: Right-to-Carry Improvement Bill Stalled in Raleigh!

North Carolina: Right-to-Carry Improvement Bill Stalled in Raleigh!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Despite passing the Senate last week, the House did not take up a concurrence vote on House Bill 1132 when it met on Monday, June 29. Instead they referred it to the House Judiciary I Committee. The bill is now scheduled for a hearing on Thursday, July 2, at 10:00 AM, in Room 1228 LB.

The Senate improved an already good bill, which now states that if a Right-to-Carry permit holder applies to his or her sheriff for renewal of a permit within 90 days of the permit’s expiration, and the renewal application is not approved or denied by the expiration date, the permit will remain valid until the renewal decision is final. HB 1132 also requires sheriffs to notify permittees about the need to renew at least 45 days prior to their permits’ expiration. Finally, should a permittee fail to apply to renew a permit before the expiration date, the permittee may apply within 60 days following the expiration of the permit, and ask the sheriff to waive the requirement of taking another firearm safety training course. The training requirement is currently mandatory for all new permits, even those recently expired.

There has been virtually no stated opposition to this bill during a number of hearings and floor debates, and the version passed by the Senate has the support of both NRA and the North Carolina Sheriffs’ Association, which worked with legislators to make the Senate improvements.

Please contact members of the House Judiciary I Committee today or tomorrow and urge them to support HB 1132 as passed by the Senate. To contact the committee members, please click here.
    Be sure to let your rep know to vote yes on this bill.
    | Type 01 FFL / SOT |
    | NC CHP Instructor | NRA Pistol Instructor |

2. Remove Ads

The Chairman of this committe, Deborah Ross (D) of Wake County, will do whatever she can to let this, and any other gun legislation, die in committe. Unfortunately, she can over-ride the other members of the committe and let it die on her own.
    " In theory, reality and theory are the same. In reality, they are not."

GLOCK G23, KAHR CW9, RUGER LCP, TAURUS PT92, TAURUS 689, MOSSY 500

NRA member

VIP Member
    I like it.

She needs to be voted out of office!!!!
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

My post should have read "and any other PRO-gun legislation". The rule that allows her to decide, even against the other members of the committee and the wishes of their constituents, should also be changed.
    " In theory, reality and theory are the same. In reality, they are not."

GLOCK G23, KAHR CW9, RUGER LCP, TAURUS PT92, TAURUS 689, MOSSY 500

NRA member

Links