Nevada non-resident CCW?

This is a discussion on Nevada non-resident CCW? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was just on the web site for Nevada's carry permits and am a bit confused about something. On the training course it says it ...

Thread: Nevada non-resident CCW?

Nevada non-resident CCW?

I was just on the web site for Nevada's carry permits and am a bit confused about something. On the training course it says it "must be an approved course given by a local,state or national institute that is able to certify instructors" My question is would an NRA course suffice if not what course would NV accept? Does training have to take place in NV for non residents? If not where can I find a list of NV approved courses?

I got this info from Las Vegas metro PD's web site,and another thing that is confusing me is it also says applications can be mailed to out of state applicants. Does this mean a NV non resident ccw permit can be obtained much like FL's by mailing in the complete application along with photos,fingerprint cards and proof of training? If no if there any non resident permit NV honors? Thanks for any help
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I've been under the impression that the training needed to be done here, but that doesn't mean that I'm correct. You should consider giving the State Police office a call, and ask your questions. Then post the answers here. We just had a discussion on this in another thread, and it would be good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    I've been under the impression that the training needed to be done here, but that doesn't mean that I'm correct. You should consider giving the State Police office a call, and ask your questions. Then post the answers here. We just had a discussion on this in another thread, and it would be good to know.
    Training must be a course that meets the requirements set out by the NVSCA and by a person approved by the Sheriff of the county you file in (actually I beleive the requirement is "by any approved trainer" but in practice it must be one approved by that Sheriff). It can be done elsewhere but all of the trainers are, I believe, Nevada residents.

There is a test of the subject matter in the course and you must demonstrate proficiency with each semi-automatic pistol you will be approved to carry and with one revolver (if you wish to have "REVOLVERS AUTHORIZED" on your permit). You must file the permit application in person.

Ken

Links