Maybe there's hope for Illinois!

This is a discussion on Maybe there's hope for Illinois! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; An article in the July 20th issue of the Gun Digest has an article that states that the Mayor of Peoria, Jim Ardis, wants the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe there's hope for Illinois!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Maybe there's hope for Illinois!

An article in the July 20th issue of the Gun Digest has an article that states that the Mayor of Peoria, Jim Ardis, wants the state to make Peoria a pilot program for concealed carry, with an eye toward future state wide carry. He wants the state legislature to pass a bill allowing citizens of Peoria to enact an ordinance that would allow citizens to carry concealed weapons. He believes that a 3-4 year program would show a decrease in crime. He has support from law enforcement, but I doubt that the state legislature will go along. But, we can hope!

2. Remove Ads

I'm afraid the only way you're going to have CC in IL is to cut the state in half: north of I-80 and call it Chicago (spellings may vary)...south of I-80 will remain IL. Only by shrugging off the influence of Daley and big city can the rest of the State enjoy the freedom the rest of the USA does (NY, NJ, MD, CA, MA notwithstanding)
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    I'm afraid the only way you're going to have CC in IL is to cut the state in half: north of I-80 and call it Chicago (spellings may vary)...south of I-80 will remain IL. Only by shrugging off the influence of Daley and big city can the rest of the State enjoy the freedom the rest of the USA does (NY, NJ, MD, CA, MA notwithstanding)
    Great idea SIGguy..... Must be frustrating to live in IL, knowing that the Daley machine controls ALL of IL.

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Know what you mean. My wife is from Springfield, IL.....the capital city. Most people think Chicago is the state capital. She "kindly" refers to that city as "The State of Chicago". Nobody south of the place in Illinois actually like it.

Question : What are the best things to come out of Chicago?
    Answer : Interstates 55 & 57
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Yes, unfortunately there are normal people and politics in Peoria. A nice blue collar town. The unfortunate thing is that the nice town of Peoria is in the same state as her larger step brother Chicago. And not the people of Chicago, but the corrupt politicians of Chicago run things their way. It's all about POWER.

And by the way, I hear that their might still be a Senate seat for sale.
    NRA Member
    I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46
    www.ShootersEar.com

VIP Member
    As long as King Richard sits on the his throne in the northeasten part of the state, I don't see Illinois changing. Then again I'm sure there will be another of the royal linage to step up and take his place when he steps down from his throne, so I see no future for the state at all.

And the sad thing archer51 is that Illinois is such a beautiful state. I absolutely love Southern Illinois for its lakes, rivers, and forests. I think the only hope is that the NRA gets a positive case to fight in court. They (the NRA) seem to be able to pick the right fights lately.
    NRA Member
    I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46
    www.ShootersEar.com

Fair should be fair. They should take ALL the weapons from ALL the armed guards and secret service and private guards protecting the ones in Chicago away. Let the dem's walk down to the corner QT and buy a soda without 25 armed guards around them.

jojogunn- your sig is great!
    Change We Can Believe In 01.20.13 Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

That would be absolutely super! I wish him well.

al
    "gettin' there is half the fun."

Quote Originally Posted by FastDraw View Post
    Great idea SIGguy..... Must be frustrating to live in IL, knowing that the Daley machine controls ALL of IL.
    Yeah...I miss my parents...

I finished HS in IL, college in southern IL...I love southern IL....just the gun laws and politics of the north are bothersome. Don't get me started on the thugs from Chicago who come to southern IL to get away from Chicago...but complain how things are not like Chicago. My advise: Go Back...NOW...PLEASE.

Fortunately, Uncle Sam has me in the free state of VA, temporarily in Afghanistan until December...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

With the crime in Chicago , a reasonable person would think that just maybe the good citizens deserve a chance to protect their own lives. I guess it makes too much sense to even the odds a bit. I hope that the Mayors idea is successful and leads to changes. As it stands the good people of Chicago are basically hostages to the criminals and gangs.

Being from Alton, I have zero desire to go to Chicago...shoot...I don't even like Chicago style food.

Annex chicago to Wisconsin.

Hopefully this gets a shot because I am sure that the area WOULD see a decrease in crime. I spent a few years in Peoria and it does have some scary areas where you run into some interesting people.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    So long as the Daley controlled Democrat Machine controls Chicago politics (and by extension, the rest of the state), there will be NO hope for Illinois.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    An article in the July 20th issue of the Gun Digest has an article that states that the Mayor of Peoria, Jim Ardis, wants the state to make Peoria a pilot program for concealed carry, with an eye toward future state wide carry. He wants the state legislature to pass a bill allowing citizens of Peoria to enact an ordinance that would allow citizens to carry concealed weapons. He believes that a 3-4 year program would show a decrease in crime. He has support from law enforcement, but I doubt that the state legislature will go along. But, we can hope!
    This has come up in IL legislation every year. I seriously doubt that they will consider another bill soon. There are several hurdles to overcome even if IL wanted to enact a concealed carry statute.

It is commendable that Peoria may be in favor of a concealed carry law but It would need to first be adopted state wide as law. With budget concerns, etc. on IL's main agenda, I doubt It would be considered at all this year.

Mayor's actually don't have much influence in state law.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links