Today's sheep count :)

This is a discussion on Today's sheep count :) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Since we are not allowed to carry, I bought a small can of dog repellent to carry, looking for decent knife also. Funny story, I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Today's sheep count :)

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Since we are not allowed to carry, I bought a small can of dog repellent to carry, looking for decent knife also.

Funny story, I am about to take a “Black badge” course as a Canadian requirement to compete in IPSC. Another guy, (young) on our gun forum wanted me to drop off the check to the instructor, told him to drop it off, when he came to our suite (glass sliding door) he saw my wife, kid and I sitting there. When I opened the door he stepped back and was “casing me” to see if I was a threat, I almost burst out laughing. In fact he was being so cautious that he made my wife nervous!! There is a time to be a wolf and a time to be a friendly dog.

2. Remove Ads

Chris,
    Why not be condition White, after all no guns allowed right.

My GF is always "ultra white". Monday we ordered Pizza. About 40 minutes later the doorbell rang and she just opened it without looking. I went to condition organce, hand on G19. Glad it was the Pizza man, but if it hadn't been it could have been a mess.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Colin,
    Perhaps, but has the person met you or your wife? If not, I'd be on on alert too. Remember dogs never let down the guard until they know the other dog.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Well since he is giving me a check to give to someone else, he better trust me!!

One can be cautious, without overdoing it.

I dunno, maybe it's just me. But the few times I've visited Canada, I felt completely safe. Don't know why, just when I crossed the bridge from Detroit into Windsor, it was like...entering a different Country....Oh, yeah, I did, didn't I.

I'm just amazed at how different Canada "felt" to me. For the entire 3 days I was there, I think I saw MAYBE 3 Canadian LEOs. I can't drive around here, without seeing at least 1 every couple of hours. And in Chicagoland, heck, by comparison, they have whole cop conventions!

Of course, I didn't go to Toronto.

I've given up watching sheep. Working in the Peoples Republic of DC, I have to spend all my time watching the wolves.....
    "Sic Semper Tyrannis"

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    This decided me to make an assessment of all in the store while I got my stuff.
    I do this regularly. In my neighborhood and the neighborhoods of friends as well. It's an interesting exercise. Scary as hell, 'cause nobody seems to be paying attention. "White" is the condition, alright. It's rare that I see someone even casually maintaining a scan. A recent run to Sportsman's Warehouse showed about 10% with active radar up, which is about the best I've seen for some time. But even that's bad, given it's a hunting/shooting supply store. Strange.

Thanks for the post. Nice to see that others do this as well.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; October 6th, 2006 at 09:19 AM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Lew
    I love to watch the crowd. Most don't even know you are looking. Well except for the 20 something women who think they are hot, they notice and aggressively avoid eye contact. I told my wife of this phenomon and one day she blurted out to one woman doing just that, "IS THERE A MONKEY ON THE CEILING!" The woman walking by had turned her head and instead of making eye contact had looked straight up at the ceiling as her head turned past us. I laughed out loud and the woman looked POed. Too funny.

I have also noticed that people drive in herd or packs. To see what I am talking about, the next time you get on a highway, drive the EXACT speed limit. Set the cruise control and stay in the right lane. A group of cars will soon over take you and fight and jockey to pass you. Once they clear you, you will be alone for a few minutes untill the next pack catches up. Up ahead you will just be able to see the rear of the previous pack... so find the middle ground and match speed with the two packs and you will have open road.... once I found it, it shouts to me. It makes driving so much easier it isn't even funny. To see it faster, drive at 5 under the limit... you will be amazed.
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Here in Gainesville, Florida...

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Had to swing out to PO this morning and picked up a few things at local store while out.

As I drew up to park - started watching a few folks and noticed how ''white'' they were. This decided me to make an assessment of all in the store while I got my stuff.

No big deal - just staying in touch with surroundings but I reckon all the other folks could make easy marks with their potential ''victim'' labels. I guess something approaching 10% sheepdog in the mix ain't too bad, these days
    I do this all the time in our "Oaks Mall"...and I am amazed how so many people are clueless to those around them. I am always looking to spot other CCW'ers...
    Seldom can I confirm a weapon, but those who seem 'likely', usually appear very alert and usually make direct eye contact.

Stay alert...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sheepwatching

Just spent two days at Disney. Girlfriend and I love nothing more than sheepwatching after dinner in Downtown Disney. Last time we were there saw a guy covertly taking pictures of little girls right in the middle of a crowded area. Nobody, parents, "security", nobody noticed. This trip, easy 99% clueless.

Lew
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    \there saw a guy covertly taking pictures of little girls right in the middle of a crowded area.
    Did you pass this intell on to the authorities?
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Of course

But I had to go find one, they were all busy tossing out a guy passing out timeshare flyers. Oddly enough, suspicious guy was so focused on what he was doing, he didn't notice me watching him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links