How to correctly respond

This is a discussion on How to correctly respond within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well i am kinda new to CC and the scenario that I have is this. You walk in to Wal-Mart you bend over and someone ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to correctly respond

How to correctly respond

Well i am kinda new to CC and the scenario that I have is this. You walk in to Wal-Mart you bend over and someone spots your weapon, they freak out run and scream hes got a gun what do you do?? Other than laugh like crazy after its all over

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Wal-Mart's security folks are all over those cameras. I don't think it would be a big deal, otherwise I'd be typing this from the courthouse! LOL (See my OC thread about Wally World/My First Idiot)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Does your gun have a silencer, and how good of a shot are you?

Yes, I'm joking...

Stay concealed, you should know how to do that. I doubt that someone is going to run screaming...probably will first think that you are a cop.
    IF.........'said' individual should begin screaming, ignore him/her and continue shopping if you did nothing wrong.

Stay armed...stay concealed, ignore idiots...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Cover it back up and go about your business. It's legal. If someone comes up to you, explain you are legally carrying and (if LEO) show them the permit.

Next time don't uncover your gun when you need something down low, bend your knees instead.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

No it hasnt happened i just figured someone here with experience may have had it happen.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    About two years before Alaska dropped most carry laws, someone called in a permit holder who had allowed his firearm to be seen. The Ketchikan police slammed him up against the wall, the whole felony arrest mess. I did not see how it turned out for the victim, but that officer was soon fired.

Just keep your cool and go with the flow, and keep your mouth shut. For now.

A gun range office here in Westchester NY said that CCW not permitted in Walmart. Is this true? Not sure if it varies from state to state but would not make sense.

there is nothing on the door or in the parking lot here in NC and they dont "sell and consume" alcohol there.

AFIK Walmart has no official Corporate Policy against carry... Quite the opposite I do believe...
    "Deeds Not Words" - Motto of the USS Gettysburg
    NRA Life Member
    http://www.alioofficium.com/ (Personal Responsibility)

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    I've heard many times that Walmart's corporate policy is "whatever is legal".

The OC folks in VA have gotten numerous managers to reverse their position and apologize after going to corporate.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I would leave the store in that senario. I hate to draw attention to myself. At the same time you need to realize you did nothing wrong and the worst that will happen is a police officer will tell you to be more careful.

I would also add that accidentally exposing your concealed firearm is nothing to be proud of....

I doubt anyone will notice. If they do just stay calm and go about your buisness. Your legal. Just dont freak out yourself.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Or just point at someone else and run away. : )
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Having OCd often--really, no one really pays attention...remember, it's all about "them"...self-absorbed people who are ignorant of everything in the world (think: Condition White...as in sheep). It's only when they lift their heads from their Crackberry, tweeting/IMing/Chatting/texting do they actually pay attention (or they run into you--as it's happened to me--"oops, sorry officer"....."no problem, except I'm not a police officer"...)

If it's legal in your state, you may do so....If a place is posted (and the signs hold legal weight), then you might run into problems (legally). But seriously...people are not that observant.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links