Firearms Liability Insurance

This is a discussion on Firearms Liability Insurance within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I'm sitting here reading the various postings I just had a novel suggestion for a new thread. I know that this will interest you ...

Thread: Firearms Liability Insurance

As I'm sitting here reading the various postings I just had a novel suggestion for a new thread. I know that this will interest you so here it goes.

If an insurance company were to offer some form of "Firearms Liability Insurance" that were "reasonably" affordable to individuals on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis would you be interested in buying this insurance? The major factor to consider is that this insurance company is somewhat affordable to the average firearms owner.

For the sake of argument you knew that an insurance were to cover your liability to cover your legal expenses in the event you had to discharge your firearm in self defense.

Example: Insurance Company A offers up to $500,000.00 to cover your legal fees if you have to discharge your chosen firearm in a self defense situation. This coverage only covers your attorney fees.

Would this be a form of insurance that you might be interested in purchasing? This is just an odd thought as I sit here reading these messages.

What do you think?
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Great Idea!

However, why stop with just a "Firearms Liability Insurance"?? You can get much better coverage with prepaid legal services that will cover almost anything you can think of at very reasonable rates. I'm talking everything from wills to speeding tickets to major jury trials!

Take a look at prepaidlegal.com and explore what services they offer in your particular state.

I know of several people that have it and they are very pleased with the services provided.
    Aim Small - Miss Small

The way the government interferes with the insurance business, do you think our new commie regime would allow the insurance companies to sell something as specific as "In Case You Shoot Somebody" insurance? They'd thwack it down as soon as someone suggested it. ;)
    I ain't what I otta be, I ain't what I wanta be, I ain't what I could be,

But thank God, I ain't what I used to be,
    And, Praise God, I ain't what I'm gonna be!

II Cor 3:18

Insurance companies don't cover intentional acts, just negligence.

A defense of self defense is an affirmative defense, as far from negligence as you can get.

Furthermore, insurance companies do not just cover legal fees, they indemnify in the case of you loosing the civil case. They would have to have a say in what you can, and cannot train in, carry, methods of practice...

Nightmare.

I'll pass.

I would definitely like to be able to buy good self defense insurance.

You can get a self defense policy through the NRA. As I recall it reimburses you up to $50K after you win a criminal defense on your own nickel. I forget what coverage it has for any civil defense that might follow. Not fabulous coverage, but only $300 a year. I have it.

There's also an organization out of Texas that seems to provide some kind of shooting self defense coverage, but I don't know how legit they are.

The Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network (Network members don't face the legal system alone!) is trying to build up a fund that can be used to help defend its members. The fund is still small, and the concept is yet to be tested, but it's a noble idea and I'm a member.

Normally homeowner's insurance, such as my $1Million umbrella liability policy, does NOT cover INTENTIONAL acts (such as intentionally shooting someone in self defense). But I asked my agent, and she asked the underwriter, and they said there is some sort of coverage that my policy affords me, but I never asked them to explain exactly what that means.

I'd definitely like to be able to buy a high value, reasonable cost, definitive coverage self defense insurance policy.

Another Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network member here. Look into it!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Furthermore, insurance companies do not just cover legal fees, they indemnify in the case of you loosing the civil case. They would have to have a say in what you can, and cannot train in, carry, methods of practice...

Nightmare.
    You're right. I didn't think of that. It's the same thing with flying. Some policies don't allow you to land on perfectly fine grass strips or mowed pastures and there are other restrictions too. Crazy!
    I ain't what I otta be, I ain't what I wanta be, I ain't what I could be,

But thank God, I ain't what I used to be,
    And, Praise God, I ain't what I'm gonna be!

II Cor 3:18

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I would be interested if the price was right. I think that in AZ it is a bit of a luxury, being that if the shoot was justified then by law no civil case can be brought by someone you shot or their heirs or estate. If it was a bad shoot they take your liberty before they take your money anyway.

But to protect my wife and kids I would certainly look into it.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Firearms Liability Insurance Policy

There is a new policy specifically for concealed carry holders. Check out MMD Brokers LLC - Firearm Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by wthopkins View Post
    There is a new policy specifically for concealed carry holders. Check out MMD Brokers LLC - Firearm Insurance
    MMD looks good but they only offer it in NM, CO, AZ and soon in TX. That leaves quite a few states uncovered.

Here you go self-defense insurance

check out this web site for what you might need, CHLPP is a legal services membership organization for concealed handgun licence/permit holders
    for $129.00 per year.

Sponsored Links