What Would You Do? Carry or Not.

This is a discussion on What Would You Do? Carry or Not. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In Ky, it doesn't matter if they post or not. If you get caught, they ask you to leave. If you don't you get slapped ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do? Carry or Not.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    In Ky, it doesn't matter if they post or not. If you get caught, they ask you to leave. If you don't you get slapped with tresspassing.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I don't know, so I'm asking, if you enter an IDPA competition, can you carry your gun concealed and loaded?

1943 - 2009
    This is a conundrum in Montana. Local semi-annual gun shows are held in a building on the County fairgrounds, which, of course is County owned property.

Montana Statute 45-8-328 states that a CWP is not valid in a "public building", defined as "a building owned or leased and occupied by the local, state, or federal government".

Local gun shows do not post signs prohibiting concealed carry. Due to the ambiguity in the language of the statute, I carry concealed when I go to the show and don't worry about it.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Senior Moderator
    I think part of the issue is the "building" the gun show is held in. When we have a gun show at the trade center, it's a no gun zone already.

los
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    ... When we have a gun show at the trade center, it's a no gun zone already.
    Irony at it's best!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Personally I will choose to follow peoples requests about carrying in a business or show. If they don't want my money so be it. I feel the more we cooperate the more good will we spread.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I would respect their wishes, especially after the recent ATF fiascos in Pittsburgh and Virginia.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I personaly witnessed a head shot with a 7mm mag at the garden city ks gunshow some years ago ( it was hard to miss since the victom was about 4 ft away when hit ) , with that experiance i just will not bring a loaded gun into a gunshow as a civillian , a bar is another place i wont carry .. others may but i wont .

well now............is concieled considered on the belt? I think I'd unholster the weapon, clear it, and walk in with it in your hand. offer them the weapon and ask them to have it be placed in a gun rug/bag they may have , or just tell them you're planning on a possible trade/sale, and ask what THEY require you to do in this case.............99% will let you through the doors at that point.........and resume your normal CCW mode when you leave the show.
    At least that's what i would do/say.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

1952 - 2006
    Well guys, once I got to the bottom of the ramp into Cashman Field, (a long walk), I saw the signs, properly and legally worded.

I ignored them and enjoyed the show.

I should have probably walked back up the hill and put it in the trunk, but I just didn't feel like it.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Administrator
    What would I personally do?
    I'm not telling.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    I don't know, so I'm asking, if you enter an IDPA competition, can you carry your gun concealed and loaded?
    In most places (including my IDPA Club) the answer is a resounding NO.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Its illegal to carry at a gun show in NC anyway because they charge admission. So my answer would have to be no, I wouldnt carry.

Depends on the state & the law, I know in Montana any state or county owned facility is a No No, so those places I would do as required, some other places where it is not ILLEGAL just being requested, I would & have many times carried Locked & loaded, have done this for years, never been busted, Signs alone ( little postcards saying no guns) are not enough to get me to be unarmed i will either ignore or take my Business elsewhere.
    Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    It's almost impossible to get a CCW in Canada, However my authority to transport allows me to take it anywhere there is a range or gunsmith, but it has to be trigger locked and locked in a case, I always make sure that i have a couple of loaded mags with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links