Good LEO interaction.Long.....

This is a discussion on Good LEO interaction.Long..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It is 1158p.m.I just got off from a 3-11 shift.I had pulled into a convenience store in front of the service center I had just ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good LEO interaction.Long.....

Good LEO interaction.Long.....

It is 1158p.m.I just got off from a 3-11 shift.I had pulled into a convenience store in front of the service center I had just left from.As i went into the store,I noticed 3 young males in a 80 something Blazer.They just had that look that something was up.I bought my item,and was continuing to try to see them out the window.When I came out the car was gone but 2 of the guys in the car passed me going in as I exited the store.I kept an eye on them as I buckled in,started the car,etcetera.As I put the car in reverse,the 2 guys walked quickly toward the counter,and as the old man clerk bent over to do something,they 'hit' the door,each with 2 twelve packs of beer.The clerk came out fast after them,but they went to the westside rear of the store.I quickly drove around behind the store hoping to follow them.They had the Blazer waiting behind the store,they jumped in and made haste going out toward the state road.I turned on my hi-beam lights,and followed as close as possible in hopes of getting a license number.Just as they pulled onto the 4 lane state road,they pulled in front of a Florida Fish and Wildlife officer in a pickup truck.He hit the blue lights,and pulled them off into a parking lot.He did not know of their escapade,only that they had pulled out wrecklessly onto the 4 lane in front of him.I pulled in beside but several yards away from the officer,and raised my hands into the air,and walking toward his truck I said loudly,'sir,please may I speak to you'.He came out,and walked toward me and I explained what I had witnessed.He got rather animated at that point and pulled his Sig out and approached the Blazer.After he had the guys put their hands in plain sight,he came back toward his truck.ThenI informed him that I was permitted,and was carrying,and he said 'O.K.'.I asked if he wanted me to stay until backup arrived,and he said 'please do'!The deputies were busy tonight,and it was about 15 minutes before a deputy arrived.He spoke to me,I informed him of my carry situation,and he said,'thanks,I'm glad you are here'. So,anyway I submitted a witness statement,and the officers shook my hand and said 'thanks' again,and I left. .....You never know when! Goodnight,....Carry ok.
    Last edited by carry ok; July 5th, 2009 at 01:41 AM.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

2. Remove Ads

Very cool. What dumb luck for the guys to pull out recklessly in front of an LEO
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

That brought a smile to my face.

The only thing that worried me is when you followed them and put your lights on bright. You basically alerted them that you were on to them, and they could easily have sent a few bullets your way. I might have tried to follow from a distance and get the PD on the line, even if it meant not getting the plate number.

Anyway, not trying to be critical, just thinking how their young minds might work, and concerned for your safety.

Glad you were willing to assist, and glad to hear the officer appreciated your help.

Yeah,

3 losers for sure, at least for this time in their lives.They were checking me out wondering who the heck I was!It was sorta comical.Perhaps they learned something of real value tonight.They were all no more than 19 to 20 years of age!
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Grady,

you gotta good point there.It's funny how that adrenaline kicks in,and your more rational thoughts seem to fade into the background.Thanks for your concern,Best to you,Carry ok. p.s.,everytime I see your Grady photo there I smile.He was the funniest character on the whole show!

Nice work. I am glad the LEO was nearby.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by carry ok View Post
    you gotta good point there.It's funny how that adrenaline kicks in,and your more rational thoughts seem to fade into the background.Thanks for your concern,Best to you,Carry ok. p.s.,everytime I see your Grady photo there I smile.He was the funniest character on the whole show!
    Yes, he was.

I've been there with the adrenaline. But as the decades pass, and I see things happen and people drop, my inclination now is to back off a bit and take the safer route if possible. Life is fragile, and people can and do get snuffed out over nothing, or over little accidents.

The longer I live, the more fragile I see life. The slightest misstep, by us or someone else, can take a life or alter one forever.

It doesn't matter if one is good, moral, or innocent, a life can be taken over the stupidest event or another's misstep.

It's good to help out, but if we can help out in a safer manner, I'm all for that.

You still did a great job. Anytime we can assist a well-meaning LEO, and do it safely where they and we go home uninjured and unencumbered, it's a good day.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carry ok View Post
    ...everytime I see your Grady photo there I smile.He was the funniest character on the whole show!
    That's not Grady's real picture?
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    That's not Grady's real picture?
    No, but my friends have called me Grady for 30-some years, since the days of the show. Guess they saw some resemblance.

Good job and breat SA
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

What a great story, and nice work on your part. You handled that quite well.
    I guess those guys won't be huntin' and fishin' fer a while...

Stay armed...Well Done Grasshopper! (you snatched the marble)...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Good job!

Wise wordsFor sure

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Yes, he was.

I've been there with the adrenaline. But as the decades pass, and I see things happen and people drop, my inclination now is to back off a bit and take the safer route if possible. Life is fragile, and people can and do get snuffed out over nothing, or over little accidents.

The longer I live, the more fragile I see life. The slightest misstep, by us or someone else, can take a life or alter one forever.

It doesn't matter if one is good, moral, or innocent, a life can be taken over the stupidest event or another's misstep.

It's good to help out, but if we can help out in a safer manner, I'm all for that.

You still did a great job. Anytime we can assist a well-meaning LEO, and do it safely where they and we go home uninjured and unencumbered, it's a good day.
    Even as I am getting up there,so to speak, (55 now),that adrenaline rush and the thought process altering effects really causes me concern.I wish there was a pill to fix that!

You just jogged my memory,Supt.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    What a great story, and nice work on your part. You handled that quite well.
    I guess those guys won't be huntin' and fishin' fer a while...

Stay armed...Well Done Grasshopper! (you snatched the marble)...stay safe!
    The Wildlife officer said he had just earlier in the day stopped the Blazer driver on the water for a boat check or something,and the driver brought it to his mind as he was talking to him!Really comical,sorta'. Hey,thanks to all for all the kind words. .....Carry ok.

glad things worked out safely for you. :) Good LEO interaction if you ask me..
    "Deeds Not Words" - Motto of the USS Gettysburg
    NRA Life Member
    http://www.alioofficium.com/ (Personal Responsibility)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links