the dreaded

This is a discussion on the dreaded within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i was coming home from my bowling night years ago when i bowled. A truck was at the light to the right of my truck. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the dreaded

my story

i was coming home from my bowling night years ago when i bowled. A truck was at the light to the right of my truck. It just didn't feel right. I quick glance to the driver and passenger told me what I needed to do.

We both started from the light at the same time. I kept the truck under the speed limit so the traffic behind me was up on my bumper. At the last second I turned left into my apartment complex and quickly headed to my place. Dumb dumb had to continue straight due to traffic, position, and whatever else bought me some time.

I had a Colt 25acp at the time. My apartment had been rifled earlier that month by crooks so my 38spl was gone. Needless to say, I was unnerved. I heard an engine outside and peered out the door. Now I'm the dummy. There were the fellas, inviting me over to "talk with them". I called the police, told them a truck with two guys followed me home and are right outside the parking lot, my place had been hit earlier, I was scared and I had a gun.

Three units were there in under 2 minutes and had the fellas out for a "talk". They told me they could not do anything because it was my word against theirs. "Who is at who's place?"

I didn't have to pull a gun though it was on me. No shooting, thank God. Fast police response, thank you Irving PD.
    john

2. Remove Ads

I'd say its kind of "sad" every time I read about someone who could have protected themselves but died, because they felt they shouldn't have to.

I would be sooooo nice if no one had to use force to protect themselves from others who would do them harm.
    But for now, I have to live in the Real World.

I didn't make it, I just have to live in it.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Once, many years ago, I was driving from New Orleans to Philadelphia pulling a small trailer. I had to detour off the interstate due to construction near Washington, DC and found myself lost in a "bad" part of town at night. While trying to find my way back to I-95, a car with several young men began to follow me. They soon went from following me to honking their horn and trying to wave me over to the side of the road. When I didn't stop, they pulled next to me at a stop light and started yelling out their car window for me to pull over... or else. I had my nickel, Combat Commander with me at the time. One of the young men (probably teens or maybe early 20's. I was about 30) opened the car door and two of them got out. When they did, I pulled the Colt from under the front seat and had just raised it to chest level when one of the kids saw my gun, grabbed his friend and jumped in their car, which a few seconds later quickly sped off. I never saw them again.

There have been one or two other incidents over the years where I wished I did have a weapon, but didn't. I was once jumped at a car wash by two kids of about high school/college age who, I can only assume, wanted to either rob me or steal my car. I was able to defend myself and they had no weapons other than a pool cue and a tire iron which I - luckily - was able to take away and use to help fight off my attackers. If I'd had a gun with me at the time, they may have found themselves shot, so I guess it turned out well for everyone involved, all things considered. BTW, that was in 1985 and I STILL have that car, an '85 Daytona Turbo Z.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...4&d=1125210958
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

I've only been carying for less than a year, so the answer is easy, No.
    I hope I never have to either.

Anyway, I'd rather have and not need, than need and not have.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    " I read about guys wanting to carry at school, church, everywhere. I guess I still think that if your not in a job that requires it.. or you don't live in an area that demands it, constant CCW is just a bit sad.

I now live in CA where there really is NO CCW. I admit that I would like to be able to carry when I fell it prudent... on the road trips, on the road at night. I do so.. you know... rather be judged by twelve than carried by 6... but if it got to the point that I felt I always had to be armed..."
    Proves my theory: sheep are sheep , even when they have guns.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links