Driver License & CCWP Information

This is a discussion on Driver License & CCWP Information within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can someone please shed some light (NY resident) if state municipalities include CCWP information onto a driver license when a Police Officer performs a routine ...

Thread: Driver License & CCWP Information

Can someone please shed some light (NY resident) if state municipalities include CCWP information onto a driver license when
    a Police Officer performs a routine check when pulled over? Obviously it wont state on the face of the driver license. But when
    the PO swiped the license I have heard cases in which CCWP information is divulged. For those who are LEO's your information would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know about NY, but here in Louisiana, my CCW instructor said that when an officer calls in your plates, he sees a 'GP' (gun permit) notation....He is a lieutenant for a local pd. That being the case here, I would let the officer know immediately that I am carrying.

In Virginia and North Carolina CHPs are entered into the states' criminal information computers. When an officer runs a driver's license the computer automatically cross-checks those files (VCIN in Virginia, DCI in North Carolina) and returns with a hit showing a CHP. The information is not linked to the driver's license directly, DMV doesn't have the information.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

I know that here in NC our permit number is the number assigned to our dirver's license. I would imagine that if not connected to the DMV, it will be in the near future.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I would imagine so. Here in Ks. your CCW number is your DL number athough they are on separate cards, it comes up when the DL is ran.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Based on what I have heard, it seem appropriate to declare that one is CCW. Better for everyone involved.

In Nevada the fact that I have a Concealed Firearms Permit is one of the things a LEO sees when he runs my DL.

Ken

Links