WWW accomplished . . .

This is a discussion on WWW accomplished . . . within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Completed the Wally World Walk this evening, with a few modifications necessitated by local conditions. Weapon: Kahr CW9 Holster: Minotaur M-Tac IWB, worn at 1:00-1:30 ...

Thread: WWW accomplished . . .

WWW accomplished . . .

Completed the Wally World Walk this evening, with a few modifications necessitated by local conditions.

Weapon: Kahr CW9

Holster: Minotaur M-Tac IWB, worn at 1:00-1:30 or so

1. This being Ohio, real nachos are unavailable in Wally World -- made do with bag of cheese nacho Doritos, eaten while sitting in in-store Subway establishment.

2. Found good cover garment -- golf shirt for $7 on sale.

3. 9mm pistol ammo naturally not available (hasn't been for months in this store) -- bought box of .30-30 150 grain to replace box shot up at range earlier today.

4. Action DVD -- found 3-disc package of John Wayne, etc. Westerns at $5 bargain counter.

5. Milk and eggs -- can always use eggs, but milk is problem; already have more than 1 gallon at home. Fortunately, found bottle of lowfat chocolate milk of type wife likes.

6. Steaks to grill -- no ordinary steaks in this Wal-Mart, had to settle for tube steaks (brats).

Extra -- back to Subway for sub for me and salad for wife who was feeling too bad to go shooting with me (must be feeling really bad -- she shoots at least as well as I do).

All in all, delightfully boring walk; any excitement that could have happened is excitement I don't need at my age. No getting made, no MWAG shouts, no weapon falling out of holster, etc.

Zeko

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on a successful WWW! Be safe.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by zeko View Post
    Completed the Wally World Walk this evening, with a few modifications necessitated by local conditions.

1. This being Ohio, real nachos are unavailable in Wally World -- made do with bag of cheese nacho Doritos, eaten while sitting in in-store Subway establishment.

3. 9mm pistol ammo naturally not available (hasn't been for months in this store) -- bought box of .30-30 150 grain to replace box shot up at range earlier today.

4. Action DVD -- found 3-disc package of John Wayne, etc. Westerns at $5 bargain counter.

5. Milk and eggs -- can always use eggs, but milk is problem; already have more than 1 gallon at home. Fortunately, found bottle of lowfat chocolate milk of type wife likes.

6. Steaks to grill -- no ordinary steaks in this Wal-Mart, had to settle for tube steaks (brats).

Extra -- back to Subway for sub for me and salad for wife who was feeling too bad to go shooting with me (must be feeling really bad -- she shoots at least as well as I do).

All in all, delightfully boring walk; any excitement that could have happened is excitement I don't need at my age. No getting made, no MWAG shouts, no weapon falling out of holster, etc.

Zeko
    SIXTO will hopefully give you a waiver for the nachos and you'll have your certificate

Seriously, congrats welcome aboard !
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Congrats on the WW Trek...some pics could have landed you a 'larger certificate' (in color)...I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Congrats on the WW... Nice gun/holster combo....
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeko View Post

Zeko
    I have never had a problem carrying my 5" Kimber or my small Walther PPS. at Wal-Mart.

What is not illegal is legal.

The trick to buying ammo at WM is to call ahead and find out when the truck is coming and what I has on it.

Sometimes you have to wait. But since it goes fast, you need to be there first. They now have a policy of only 6 items.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Sounds like a good one. I never documented my walk. Maybe i should go back and do another. Think it would count?

Love the CW9...it is my primary carry as well. Glad your WW trip went smoothly, stay safe!
    Dave
    Springfield XD .40 Service
    Para Ord Hawg 9
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 22A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBMq...eature=related

Sounds like a most excellent WWW, congrats.
    We can't stop here...this is bat country.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Res Ipsa Loquitur

Congrats on the walk.
    This is a stupid question ,but what is a golf shirt ? A pic would help if anyone has one.

So since I have been to WW and bought all of the above, minus ammo, which the gun counter guy says that it sells out every morning or thereabouts, and I have been armed every time with my Taurus PT145 and my Unkle Mike's Side Kick holster, do I qualify? They don't sell steak here, but soon in the Super WW when it is opened here.

I have been in this store about a dozen times since I got my permit. I got mine in mid June and actually WW was one of the first places I went!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Golf shirt = polo
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Congrats on the successful walk from another Ohioan. The Wally Worlds around where I live don't have nachos either. Although I doubt any WW has "real" nachos anyway, except maybe in TX.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

A "golf" shirt is, in my mind, a polo shirt that isn't thick and is quick drying... possibly with a "logo" of some sort on the sleeve or side front chest.

I have plenty of them, while I never golf, my wife buys me "golf" shirts because they are cool here in the Flaaaaawrida humidity. (I'm wearing one now, with the PGA logo embossed on the left sleeve)

Links