I have a lot of customers that I "cant carry" into...what should I do?

This is a discussion on I have a lot of customers that I "cant carry" into...what should I do? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by M203Sniper That's the quick version of this whole thread. Where have you been? Yup! = I agree....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have a lot of customers that I "cant carry" into...what should I do?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M203Sniper View Post
    That's the quick version of this whole thread. Where have you been?
    Yup!
    = I agree.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Oldskoolfan View Post
    You don't want anti-gun people to use and benefit from your products, do you? I would not sell to them just as I would not buy anything from them. Find some good ol' fashioned pro-gunners to sell to.
    Spoken like someone who has never been in sales
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

I am not allowed to carry a gun at work, I just deal with it because most places do not allow employees to be armed at work.

Respect the companies policies and deal with it
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny85 View Post
    Spoken like someone who has never been in sales
    I was a salesman for ATT when I was younger. My friend sells lighting for stadiums and other large arenas. I have sold underground sprinkler systems for my family business when I was a little younger. But I decided that I would return to college.

Once I became a gunowner I realized that I should not compromise my values for an easy dollar. Sorry but I am no Judas to the Bill of Rights.

I was a salesman for ATT when I was younger. My friend sells lighting for stadiums and other large arenas. I have sold underground sprinkler systems for my family business when I was a little younger. But I decided that I would return to college.

Once I became a gunowner I realized that I should not compromise my values for an easy dollar. Sorry but I am no Judas to the Bill of Rights.
    ...a Judas to the Bill of Rights?

Geez, dude, you're really beginning to creep me out.

I am not allowed to carry at work. I don't like it, but my job provides the majority of our family income, a multi-million dollar life insurance policy, retirement savings, and an enjoyable job. I travel by air constantly for my job. I am disarmed for that process. I had business in NYC this week. I couldn't carry there, even though I would have like to. If I am attacked and killed on the job, my wife will be worth millions. It's a calculated risk.

I suppose i could quit my well-paying job (my "easy money"), make bird houses and sell them in front of my single wide so I can always tote a loaded handgun in case I'm attacked.

Life is about managing your risks and priorities. My first priority is NOT the 2nd Amendment. If yours is, well, this is (was) America. Enjoy.

P.S. I think I've seen your house. It's the one with the iron bars over all the windows and doors, bright-as-day security lighting around the property, six snarling dogs behind the razor-wire topped fence, and your Glock flag flying from the pole.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    NYS LAW
    § 400.00 Licenses to carry, possess, repair and dispose of firearms.

Subsection 2. "Types of licenses"
    (f) (no restrictions) have and carry concealed, without regard to employment or place of possession, by any person when proper cause exists for the issuance thereof.

If you have the above type of license you can carry your pistol anywhere NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, such as : Gov't (Fed, State & most Local) buildings, certain parks and campsites and etc,,, So your visits to "Gov't" facilities are out.

There are no rules about parades, ball parks, bars, theaters or other type public places.

NYS has no laws about signage that I can find, I am NOT a lawyer, and I have looked carefully. It is JUST my opinion but if there is a sign at the door it means nothing legally, however if you are spotted and asked to leave I think you MUST. I have lived in NY all my life and have very rarely seen a sign except at gun stores (some BS) and if I have missed any at other places TOO BAD.

bosco
    I believe if you carry into The Blue Cross Arena at the War Memorial or Frontier Field (baseball park) or Paetech Park (or however thats spelled, it's our soccer stadium ) it's a misdemeanor and you can be Ticketed/fined and/or jailed. ~~~~If you get caught

But if you give me a couple of days, There is a young lady at the gun club that is a lawyer for Monroe County. I can ask her exactly what the rules are, but I probably won't see her til Wednesday night. Unless she is shooting the Firecracker tomorrow at the club
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

I have a bunch of customers that are Military contractors, ITAR restricted and armed security guards.
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyKen View Post
    I believe that this is a Federal (not state) law issue. If you need legal advice like this I believe you really should consult a lawyer. JMHO, YMMV.

Ken
    The contractor having ITAR commodities (or even ITAR regulated data that can be spoken or typed) no more makes it federal than does having some high speed computers at your own home which if exported (or taken out of the country on business or pleasure) require ITAR review and compliance based on the commodity and destination country. Whether they are a defense contractor or not does not make them Federal unless housed on Federal property (e.g. vendor in court house, Military base, etc...).

If they ask on a form or verbally do not lie. If the form has multiple questions just omit answering the weapons question. If they catch be honest and disarm if required or ask if it is a problem.

Otherwise you have to be the judge and weigh the consequences.

OMOYMMV
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

You don't want anti-gun people to use and benefit from your products, do you? I would not sell to them just as I would not buy anything from them. Find some good ol' fashioned pro-gunners to sell to.
    You might not say the same thing when you are giving up a $250,000 commission - no joke

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    I believe if you carry into The Blue Cross Arena at the War Memorial or Frontier Field (baseball park) or Paetech Park (or however thats spelled, it's our soccer stadium ) it's a misdemeanor and you can be Ticketed/fined and/or jailed. ~~~~If you get caught

But if you give me a couple of days, There is a young lady at the gun club that is a lawyer for Monroe County. I can ask her exactly what the rules are, but I probably won't see her til Wednesday night. Unless she is shooting the Firecracker tomorrow at the club

A friend walks through the "metal detectors" at Blue cross regularly with his .38. There are no signs posted apparently so he took a chance....

To this whole thread. First : sorry i asked a question and then disappeared...i just figure out how to subscribe, I'm used to it automatically doing so when i post on other forums...

To all of the responders--thanks alot guys again this group is great.

I am a proffessional salesman if i don't sell to anyone who can buy from me, i am doing a bad job - or not professionally to put it another way--especially due to a personal choice.

Thanks for clarifying answering the question, i had it in my head that if a civilian asked - i was actually supposed to say no because i had a permit to keep it concealed and therefore hidden. That was not a situation i was looking forward to as i never lie, but thats why i think things through a head of time...

As for my job - I would never lose it, i am part owner and the majority owner is a major gun supporter - is buying the same holster is me after i showed him... But what is a sales firm without customers? Probably about as good as working in a super market.

The bottom line is I am just going to use common sense and not carry into areas that are either 1) my best VIP and Gold customers or 2) safe areas inside and out

If i said i wasn't going to sell to my best customer because they are medical and i don't want to take a chance without my gun-- My boss would say "no problem--ill just take over that account". Cool....

Except I just lost a $100,000 check every year... My wife would just shoot me when i got home

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bgcole View Post
    A friend walks through the "metal detectors" at Blue cross regularly with his .38. There are no signs posted apparently so he took a chance....

To this whole thread. First : sorry i asked a question and then disappeared...i just figure out how to subscribe, I'm used to it automatically doing so when i post on other forums...

To all of the responders--thanks alot guys again this group is great.

I am a proffessional salesman if i don't sell to anyone who can buy from me, i am doing a bad job - or not professionally to put it another way--especially due to a personal choice.

Thanks for clarifying answering the question, i had it in my head that if a civilian asked - i was actually supposed to say no because i had a permit to keep it concealed and therefore hidden. That was not a situation i was looking forward to as i never lie, but thats why i think things through a head of time...

As for my job - I would never lose it, i am part owner and the majority owner is a major gun supporter - is buying the same holster is me after i showed him... But what is a sales firm without customers? Probably about as good as working in a super market.

The bottom line is I am just going to use common sense and not carry into areas that are either 1) my best VIP and Gold customers or 2) safe areas inside and out

If i said i wasn't going to sell to my best customer because they are medical and i don't want to take a chance without my gun-- My boss would say "no problem--ill just take over that account". Cool....

Except I just lost a $100,000 check every year... My wife would just shoot me when i got home
    +1,000
    Each of makes choices in life and sets priorities. I would make the same as you have in this instance.

As important as 2A is to me, it is not the driving force in my life. There are other things/persons who are much more important.

Regards,
    Jerry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links