NH Non Resident Permit Processing Time

This is a discussion on NH Non Resident Permit Processing Time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All, I have sublitted my NH non resident permit in late May and I have not received it. I am guessing that they are flooded ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NH Non Resident Permit Processing Time

All, I have sublitted my NH non resident permit in late May and I have not received it. I am guessing that they are flooded with thousands of new applications. Also heard that they recently raised the fee to $100. I am sure glad I submitted it when it was only $20.00!

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 View Post
    All, I have sublitted my NH non resident permit in late May and I have not received it. I am guessing that they are flooded with thousands of new applications. Also heard that they recently raised the fee to $100. I am sure glad I submitted it when it was only $20.00!
    You are correct, it is now $100 but is good for 4 years. So, it works out to $25/year.

I am looking forward to getting that permit. I am planning to attend the Sig Sauer Handgun Defense class in NH. I am also waiting for my FL non resident. I submitted that in early April. No permit yet!

Which course are you taking? I took the basic course so I could get my permit in Mass.

I spoke to someone about a month ago. There is an intermediate and advanced handgun course. I think its either 2 or 4 days long. What did you think of the course of overall?

The basic course was good. The instructor was very thorough and their training is extremely focused on safety, which is good.

I have not taken any higher level courses, so I don't have any feedback on what you'll be taking. Overall though you should be impressed.

I talked with NH on July 2nd and they were working on March 23rd applications. My permit took 92 days.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

I turned mine in Dec 23 2008 and got it May18, 2009 they were buried after the election.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    You are correct, it is now $100 but is good for 4 years. So, it works out to $25/year.
    That's correct but it use to only be $20.00 for four years, That's $5.00 a year. I think this is going to go sideways on them. I think they thought geewiz we can be banking on this. I'll bet they haven't received an application since they raised the price.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by doctruptwn View Post
    ....That's correct but it use to only be $20.00 for four years, That's $5.00 a year. I think this is going to go sideways on them. I think they thought geewiz we can be banking on this. I'll bet they haven't received an application since they raised the price.
    Hmm, for some reason I thought it was a yearly renewal. I never looked closely at the non-resident permit for obvious reasons. Good point, thanks.

I am looking forward to getting that permit. I am planning to attend the Sig Sauer Handgun Defense class in NH. I am also waiting for my FL non resident. I submitted that in early April. No permit yet!
    I submitted in late Feb, the check was cashed March 23rd, I just got the pistol permit from them June 24th - LONG TIME.

To be clear, and I read the law a well as speaking to the State Police licensing authority, you CAN have a pistol in NH without a permit, with some minor restrictions.

If you do not have a permit
    1. Gun MAY be carried concealed as long as it is UNLOADED and you have NO ammunition on you person (i.e. have your wife or someone else carry the ammo, or leave it in the car.

2. Gun MAY be transported in a car as long as it is UNLOADED.

3. Gun MAY be carried loaded, providing it is in FULL view, not concealed at all.

Now of course, it is not advisable to walk around downtown with a loaded gun on your hip. That way you can avoid the hassle of "Man with a gun" call that someone is bound to make.

In any case, if you don't get your permit before you go to your Sig class, you can still bring your pistol.
    Member - NRA, IDPA

Don't ask a question you don't know the answer to

When I applied sometime ago: New Hampshire (Sent 08/06/07 Received 08/31/07)

Applied 04/27/09 as of now I have heard nothing nor has my check been cashed

Still on standby

Sent my NH on 3/31/09 - Still waiting also. Check not cleared.

Glenn
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!

The state is understaffed. I tried telephoning the state offices in concord regarding some tax issues for a client and receive a "busy" signal for an hour. I never even made it on hold...

Sent mine in April 4th. Check not cashed and no CCW yet.
    I sent in a CCW application the same day for Maine and just got that one yesterday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links