FL Dept of Ag Call

This is a discussion on FL Dept of Ag Call within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I mailed my FL non-resident application on March 24, they received it on March 26 and cashed the check on April 22nd, as of today ...

Thread: FL Dept of Ag Call

FL Dept of Ag Call

I mailed my FL non-resident application on March 24, they received it on March 26 and cashed the check on April 22nd, as of today no word.

I read on this forum to call and ask for a supervisor, so today, I did. After several busy signals a got a ring at 10:00 AM. I asked the nice lady for a supervisor and in 1 minute I was talking to Marian. He was very good and said he would call me back. At 11:00 AM he called me back and I had my license issued, thanks to his help. He said I would receive it in a few days in the mail.

Now if only FL had NV.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Roy McC View Post
    I mailed my FL non-resident application on March 24, they received it on March 26 and cashed the check on April 22nd, as of today no word.

I read on this forum to call and ask for a supervisor, so today, I did. After several busy signals a got a ring at 10:00 AM. I asked the nice lady for a supervisor and in 1 minute I was talking to Marian. He was very good and said he would call me back. At 11:00 AM he called me back and I had my license issued, thanks to his help. He said I would receive it in a few days in the mail.

Now if only FL had NV.
    FL DOES have (recognize) NV, it's just that NV doesn't have FL...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Nope, he's right. FL doesn't honor NV and NV doesn't honor FL, according to handgunlaw.us. And the FL page was just updated 7/1/09, so something must have changed recently.

My bad...
    I looked here...

States that Honor Florida's CCW Permit:
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado*, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas*, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan*, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming

...but I should have also looked here...
    This list was last updated on July 1, 2009, when the State of Nevada was removed from the reciprocity list. Authorities in Nevada notified the Division of Licensing that as of that date, Nevada would no longer honor Florida concealed weapon licenses. Therefore, in accordance with the reciprocity provision set forth in section 790.015, Florida Statutes, Florida could no longer honor concealed weapon licenses issued by the State of Nevada.

I stand corrected!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You stated what I was trying to say, I wanted NV coverage.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Glad that worked for you. 111 days and counting here. I did not call but emailed the gov and DOA. Here are the responses i got:

Dear Mr. **^^^***,

Thank you for contacting Governor Charlie Crist regarding your concealed
    weapons license. The Governor is sorry to learn of the delay in your
    application and asked me to respond on his behalf.

As you know, Florida's Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
    (DACS), Division of Licensing, is the state agency assigned
    responsibility for the issuance of Concealed Weapon or Firearm Licenses
    in accordance with Section 790.06, Florida Statutes.

In addition, that agency also oversees licensure and regulation of
    businesses providing private security, private investigative, and
    recovery services pursuant to Chapter 493, Florida Statutes.

To assist you, I forwarded your correspondence to the Department for
    their review. To contact the Department directly, please use the
    information provided below:

Division of Licensing
    Post Office Box 6687
    Tallahassee, Florida 32314-6687
    Telephone: (850) 245-5691
    MyLicenseSite - Home - Division of Licensing - Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

Thank you again for contacting Governor Crist.

Sincerely,

Dustin Fusillo
    Office of Citizen Services

EMAIL FROM FL DPT. Of AGRICULTURE

Good morning, Mr. ***^^^****:

Governor Crist's Office forwarded your e-mail to us here in the Division of Licensing for review.

I regret that you are having to wait so long for your concealed weapon license. Unfortunately, at the moment there is nothing we can do to move things along any faster.

You are absolutely correct in your observation concerning the funding and manpower issues we are dealing with. The simple fact is that over the course of the past few years we have seen the demand for concealed weapon licenses surge to levels that are unprecedented in the 22 years we have been issuing concealed weapon licenses here in Florida. Unfortunately, our Division's resources have not kept pace with this demand. Five years ago, in fiscal year 2003-2004, we issued 32,740 new concealed weapon licenses. Last year, in fiscal year 2007-2008, we issued 85,937 new concealed weapon licenses, the greatest number of licenses we have ever issued in a single fiscal year. Through the end of May of this fiscal year, we have already issued 90,837 new licenses. While we have recently added a number of temporary employees to our staff (more on this below), our Division is working with roughly the same number of employees now as we did five years ago.

We are diligently pursuing means of remedying this situation. Working in conjunction with the Governor's Office and staff members in the House and Senate, Commissioner Charles Bronson was able to obtain budget authority for our Division to hire additional temporary staff earlier this year. These employees are already on board, and they are helping us gradually to improve our level of service. We were also granted budget authority to work overtime hours, and most of the personnel on our staff responsible for processing applications have been working six-day work weeks for the better part of this year. Overtime work will continue through the latter half of 2009.

(I should point out that our initial request for additional permanent staff for fiscal year 2009-2010 was rejected by the Florida Legislature. We are still hoping to obtain budgetary approval to hire more staff in the upcoming fiscal year.)

I know that section 790.06(6)(c), Florida Statutes, specifies that our Division shall either issue a license for deny the application on specific grounds within 90 days after receiving a complete application. Regrettably, our workload and staffing problems or preventing us from meeting that deadline. The Governor's Office and the Legislature are aware of this situation and our efforts to improve our level of service. The Governor's Office and the Legislature are also aware that our inability to issue or deny within 90 days is by no means the result of a lack of due diligence on our part.

I can tell you that your application is currently in our Bureau of License Issuance (BLI). The employees in this Bureau are responsible for reviewing each application to ensure that the applicant meets all of the eligibility criteria set forth in the law. You have already been assigned a license number: W***^^^****. Your license will bear this number when it is finally issued. At this moment, there are approximately 40,000 pending applications in BLI. We are working through this backlog in the order in which we received those applications here in Tallahassee. The staff members at BLI are currently reviewing applications that we received around the first of March.

I wish I could give you a better idea as to precisely when we will be issuing a license to you. Unfortunately, I simply cannot. It depends on when we reach of your application in our backlog. We will continue to try to deliver the best possible service with the resources that are currently available to us.

Sincerely,

Ken Wilkinson
    Management Analyst
    Division of Licensing
    PO Box 6687
    Tallahassee, FL 32314-6687

Now if only FL had NV.
    Post Script: I received my FL permit on July 10th signed by Charles Bronson.
    Patrick Henry

Need another reason to go to Las Vegas?

Want Nevada? That is just one more reason to go to Las Vegas.
    You must apply at the Sheriff's Office IN PERSON, so take their class, and apply in person. You must qualify with the gun you plan to carry.
    More than likely, you must register the serial #. Police Mentality.....
    Go to Front Sight, and forget Utah, just get Nevada.

Post Script: I received my FL permit on July 10th signed by Charles Bronson.
    Wow what a change from Vigilante Movie Actor to issuing people carry permits
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links