CC at Music Festivals in VA

This is a discussion on CC at Music Festivals in VA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I attend a lot of music festivals in the summer in VA. I know in VA that you can't carry in a restaurant that serves ...

Thread: CC at Music Festivals in VA

CC at Music Festivals in VA

I attend a lot of music festivals in the summer in VA. I know in VA that you can't carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. Most of these festivals server alcohol and I wonder if carrying is illegal for that reason. Does anyone know? I don't drink so there is not an issue there but wasn't sure about the legality of CC in these type of festivals.

2. Remove Ads

1- IN VIRGINIA: You can't carry *concealed* in a **restaurant** that serves alcohol. You may open carry.

2- You might want to see what posted rules are for each venue. See what information is available on the internet/website. I can guarantee if call and ask someone (no matter their position), you will get their opinion (that would be "NO")--and not an actual policy--Google "VCDL" and "Richmond"
    If their rules are conspicuously available, it shouldn't be to hard to determine if a venue is posted are not--there are no secret gun policies--either they prohibit them, or they don't.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Duh I am actually a member of the VCDL Maybe I should have emailed them for info

Good post ...thanks!

The NRA notified me that theres a bill trying to pass, in NC, about the same subject, but CCW holders, if carrying , cannot be under the influence still. But unless there are metal detectors, I carrying my gun like VISA, better to be caught illegally with a ccw, than without it in a life threatening situation!!!!

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcatg View Post
    I attend a lot of music festivals in the summer in VA. I know in VA that you can't carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. Most of these festivals server alcohol and I wonder if carrying is illegal for that reason. Does anyone know? I don't drink so there is not an issue there but wasn't sure about the legality of CC in these type of festivals.
    Only restaurants and clubs are prohibited in terms of alcohol licensees. Carrying at a 'special event' licensee is not. Check the ABC website for details on the license type:

Licensee Search Form

Quote Originally Posted by 18.2-308
    J3. No person shall carry a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia; however, nothing herein shall prohibit any sworn law-enforcement officer or any retired law-enforcement officer who meets the definition of a "qualified retired law-enforcement officer" pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 926C and is carrying the identification required by such statute from carrying a concealed handgun on the premises of such restaurant or club or any owner or event sponsor or his employees from carrying a concealed handgun while on duty at such restaurant or club if such person has a concealed handgun permit.
    Open carry in restaurants and clubs is not restricted by the state.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Links