Delaware now honors Virginia permits & West Virginia now honors non-resident

This is a discussion on Delaware now honors Virginia permits & West Virginia now honors non-resident within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From VCDL ALLERT Delaware now honors Virginia permits and West Virginia honors both resident and now non-resident Virginia permits! ************************************************** *********** I have received the ...

Thread: Delaware now honors Virginia permits & West Virginia now honors non-resident

VIP Member

Thumbs up Delaware now honors Virginia permits & West Virginia now honors non-resident

From VCDL ALLERT

Delaware now honors Virginia permits and West Virginia honors both resident and now non-resident Virginia permits!

I have received the following email form Jim Mullens, President of the West Virginia Citizens Defense League:

Philip:

As of today, VA nonresident CHPs are valid in West Virginia as long as
    the permit holder is not a WV resident.

Also, it appears Virginia and Delaware now honor each other’s permits.

See:

Concealed Deadly Weapons Reciprocity

and

Virginia State Police - Concealed Handgun - Reciprocity and Recognition

Jim Mullins
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Dave, I am looking for further evidence that my VA non-resident is valid in WV, the most recent WV AG press release is from last year. Now that my DE is valid in VA I don't need VA unless it is valid for WV. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Yep, I saw this. Good news for me!

Now to figure out a good way to beach carry for when I go to Rehoboth...hmmmm...I'm thinking sitting in a pile of sand and salt water is not amazing for most guns
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    Yep, I saw this. Good news for me!

Now to figure out a good way to beach carry for when I go to Rehoboth...hmmmm...I'm thinking sitting in a pile of sand and salt water is not amazing for most guns
    AMT Back Up .45ACP thats how I roll at the beach.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

VIP Member
    That's great news! Now anyone wanna guess when California is going to let anyone in?
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    Dave, I am looking for further evidence that my VA non-resident is valid in WV, the most recent WV AG press release is from last year. Now that my DE is valid in VA I don't need VA unless it is valid for WV. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,
    Here ya go from NRA:

Right-To-Carry Reciprocity Reform Bill Becomes Law in West Virginia

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

On May 8, Governor Joe Manchin, III (D) signed House Bill 3314 into law. This important bill makes significant changes to the concealed carry statutes in West Virginia.

The new law regarding reciprocity will allow more states to enter into reciprocity agreements with West Virginia and vice versa. HB 3314 will also remove a permit holder’s social security number from their permit and require the process of reissuing permits to fall under the same 45-day deadline as issuing permits. Lastly, out of state non-resident permits will now be recognized as valid in West Virginia.

That's great news! Now anyone wanna guess when California is going to let anyone in?
    Regards,

There's a lawsuit right now in Sacramento (Sykes case) challenging the "may-issue" laws.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Thanks Press1280, I thought I would be able to find it on a WV State site, I appreciate for the info.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post

Regards,
    Check out:

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/bill_st...billdoc=hb3314 intr.htm&yr=2009&sesstype=RS&i=3314

and

Bill Status - Complete Bill History
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links