Defensive Carry banner

Finally.

2K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  HiFreq47 
#1 ·
After 6 months of messing around, I was finally issued my unrestricted New York State pistol permit. I'm now in the process of applying for my Pennsylvania non-resident permit. That will get me about half the states.

Thank you all for all the help and advice. It's time for the Ob. Wally World trip for cover garments (have enough ammo and nachos). :)

#8 ·
I see you're in Hartsdale. As you know, it's county by county, and the closer to NYC, the harder. I see you're in Hartsdale, which puts you in Westchester. Depending on how long you have your CCW, I would consider making an appointment to see your county judge, dress nicely, have a few good reasons for wanting the unrestricted, and have at it. The worst is a "no", and you might get lucky.

#3 ·
After 6 months of messing around, I was finally issued my unrestricted New York State pistol permit. I'm now in the process of applying for my Pennsylvania non-resident permit. That will get me about half the states.

Thank you all for all the help and advice. It's time for the Ob. Wally World trip for cover garments (have enough ammo and nachos). :)
I never knew there was such a thing as enough ammo!

Congrats on your unrestricted permit.

#9 ·
Mi is a shall issue state, meaning they have to prove you are either criminally insane, are a felon, or the like. and if they can't, they shall issue. the only thing that varies is the procedure in which they grant it.

in my county, they run the background, then mail it to you.

in the next county they make you go b4 the gun board as a formality, and you say "personal defence" when they ask you why you want the ccw.

congratulations, 6mo is quite long though.

WASHINGTON DID’NT USE HIS RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH TO DEFEAT THE BRITISH, HE SHOT THEM

#10 ·
Congratulations. I would go nuts waiting 6 months for my permit. But at least it finally arrived. Just don't give any of those ideas to the Metropolitan Police here in Vegas. They are supposed to issue within 120 days by state law, but I really think that they look at it as a suggestion. I got off easy at 90 days, while others coming after me took much longer.

#15 ·
Congrats on the NY 'unfettered' CCW permits...you're one of the few and the proud, the club of the NY CCW permit holders...now there are three of you...:rofl:

#19 ·
It is a photo of an unlucky uninvited guest who thought he could live rent-free in my shed while dining daily on the bounty of my pear tree. He got pretty big eating 4 to 5 pears per day. He must have desired a little dietary variety because a piece of pepperoni on the bait pedal proved to be his undoing. So I guess the vegans are right; meat does kill. :bier:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.