Finally.

This is a discussion on Finally. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After 6 months of messing around, I was finally issued my unrestricted New York State pistol permit. I'm now in the process of applying for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally.

Finally.

After 6 months of messing around, I was finally issued my unrestricted New York State pistol permit. I'm now in the process of applying for my Pennsylvania non-resident permit. That will get me about half the states.

Thank you all for all the help and advice. It's time for the Ob. Wally World trip for cover garments (have enough ammo and nachos). :)
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by cl00bie View Post
    After 6 months of messing around, I was finally issued my unrestricted New York State pistol permit. I'm now in the process of applying for my Pennsylvania non-resident permit. That will get me about half the states.

Thank you all for all the help and advice. It's time for the Ob. Wally World trip for cover garments (have enough ammo and nachos). :)
    Any tips or tricks to getting an unrestricted?

What county are you in?

Us fellow NYSers want to know =)
    Billy
    Fusion Tact-5 in a Pure Kustom Black-Ops Pro
    Glock 23 in a Barber Leatherworks IWB

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cl00bie View Post

I never knew there was such a thing as enough ammo!

Congrats on your unrestricted permit.

VIP Member
    Don't forget your Bingo card!!

A full report is expected.

Welcome new Sheepdog!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Good deal, grats!

Good job. 6 months is a long time... what county? It took me 4 months here in Ulster County.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Cool! Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ng View Post

What county are you in?

I see you're in Hartsdale. As you know, it's county by county, and the closer to NYC, the harder. I see you're in Hartsdale, which puts you in Westchester. Depending on how long you have your CCW, I would consider making an appointment to see your county judge, dress nicely, have a few good reasons for wanting the unrestricted, and have at it. The worst is a "no", and you might get lucky.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Mi is a shall issue state, meaning they have to prove you are either criminally insane, are a felon, or the like. and if they can't, they shall issue. the only thing that varies is the procedure in which they grant it.

in my county, they run the background, then mail it to you.

in the next county they make you go b4 the gun board as a formality, and you say "personal defence" when they ask you why you want the ccw.

congratulations, 6mo is quite long though.

WASHINGTON DIDíNT USE HIS RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH TO DEFEAT THE BRITISH, HE SHOT THEM

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Congratulations. I would go nuts waiting 6 months for my permit. But at least it finally arrived. Just don't give any of those ideas to the Metropolitan Police here in Vegas. They are supposed to issue within 120 days by state law, but I really think that they look at it as a suggestion. I got off easy at 90 days, while others coming after me took much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ng View Post
    What county are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    I see you're in Hartsdale. As you know, it's county by county, and the closer to NYC, the harder. I see you're in Hartsdale, which puts you in Westchester. Depending on how long you have your CCW, I would consider making an appointment to see your county judge, dress nicely, have a few good reasons for wanting the unrestricted, and have at it. The worst is a "no", and you might get lucky.
    Jon is correct. The key is having a sympathetic county judge. I am in Broome county.

The other option, if you don't have sympathetic county judges, is to work to replace them with ones who are sympathetic. Get involved in the campaigns of judicial candidates who support concealed carry.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    Congratulations. I would go nuts waiting 6 months for my permit. But at least it finally arrived.
    Well, after waiting 20 years, 6 months was a cakewalk (that's two terms under the former county judge).
    -Tony

Congrats
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I had business protection for the first 2 years then when I applied for unrestricted it took about 2 weeks.

Congrats on the NY 'unfettered' CCW permits...you're one of the few and the proud, the club of the NY CCW permit holders...now there are three of you...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links