Day visit to NYC - Page 3

Day visit to NYC

This is a discussion on Day visit to NYC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tagged...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tagged

Enjoy your trip. I was there in April and got to go to the first game in the new Yankee statium. Super fun.

Rockerfeller Center is also worth going to the top of, but they do have metal detectors.

mf [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by skot View Post
    Enjoy your trip. I was there in April and got to go to the first game in the new Yankee statium. Super fun.

Rockerfeller Center is also worth going to the top of, but they do have metal detectors.
    Do they disarm you there or will they let you in armed?

I don't know. I'm not LE and wasn't carrying.

Empire State Bldg. also has them and I took my knife through by simply putting it in the plastic tub under my camera and sending it through the x-ray machine. Real effective security.

I know I probably shouldn't have done that, but I had already paid to go up and waited in a long line before I realized I wasn't supposed to have it.

I carry under LEOSA in NYC a lot. The skinny is that you need to have your badge and official ID. The NYPD also like to see a traveling dues card. Professional courtesy is alive and well in NJ/NY.

You may carry anywhere in NYC except for government buildings that have restrictions on it such as the Courthouse and Federal buildings. Lockers are available for securing.

Remember that under LEOSA, only the state may restrict your carry on state-owned property. You must comply with all Federal restrictions. All private venues may restrict your LEOSA carry. The NYPD is easy to deal with and if need be most precincts are equipped with lockers to secure in. If you attend a venue that is staffed by NYPD, you should confer with them. After checking your ID, they will get you around any security that's in place.

PM if questions.
    Last edited by semperfi.45; July 18th, 2009 at 01:59 PM.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    All private venues may not restrict your LEOSA carry.
    I'm sorry, but I don't see how this is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by 18usc926B
    (a) Notwithstanding any other provision of the law of any State or any political subdivision thereof, an individual who is a qualified law enforcement officer and who is carrying the identification required by subsection (d) may carry a concealed firearm that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, subject to subsection (b).
    (b) This section shall not be construed to supersede or limit the laws of any State tható
    (1) permit private persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the possession of concealed firearms on their property; or

(2) prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms on any State or local government property, installation, building, base, or park.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't see how this is correct.
    I added a "not" there so I edited my OP to read correctly. Private venues can limit your carry. The only good thing about NY is that it's really not a gun state, so rarely will you see a no carry sign.

I once had to lock up while attending a TV show filming at ABC Studios. They had metal detectors in place, I talked to the security guard and guns were a no go, so I went to the local precinct to lock up with no problems.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    I am a LEO living in NYC and you will have no problems.
    If some attraction has a problem you can voucher your weapon at any police station or courthouse in the city.
    PS..send me a PM if you would like to hook up with my family for some sightseeing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links