California CCW Recieved - Took 8 Days!!! - Page 2

California CCW Recieved - Took 8 Days!!!

This is a discussion on California CCW Recieved - Took 8 Days!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rstickle Are you SURE you really live in California?? no doubt !....... Cali only has a section for 3 handguns on the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: California CCW Recieved - Took 8 Days!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    Are you SURE you really live in California??
    no doubt !....... Cali only has a section for 3 handguns on the back of the CCW.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Quote Originally Posted by artz
    no doubt !....... Cali only has a section for 3 handguns on the back of the CCW.
    Wrong. Each county regulates this however they choose. I have seen Fresno County's CCW and it has entirely different restrictions than my Madera County permit. The section to list the guns is on the front. The statewide CCW application has space for only three guns, but then says to "attach additional page if necessary". I did.

My county was able to fit five weapons on the front of the CCW and one on the back...and there is plenty of room for more.
    Last edited by DParker; March 27th, 2006 at 05:16 PM.

That is good to hear. I am working on getting by CA CCW and it is nice to hear that a county similar to mine is so fast. Congrats.

Quick CCW in CA

That's great, San Joaquin county was just as supportive they actually seamed happy for me to get my CCW. The only thing in my county is that when I want to add a gun to my permit I have to qualify the gun with a certified trainer. 20.00 to certify and then take the certification to the sherrif and they add it to my permit. If you live inside the city limits in CA forget it the Chief of Police will never hand out a CCW.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

New Member Array nemesisinthe707's Avatar
    Feels good don't it! Be safe.

You have to list your firearms?

DParker, you said you have to list all your firearms that you might carry under that permit? Here in PA - at least in my county - it's an "open" CCW - you don't have to tell them anything about what or how many you might carry. And I'll fight to keep it that way.

So, guys - what's it like in other states/counties?

LibertyGal

I'm told that AR used to be that way (listing pistols) but that so many change/addition requests came through that the state police worked to change it just so they could get some peace and quiet.

Now (since before I got mine 2 years ago), we just have restricted (revolver only) and unrestricted (any pistol). The difference is in what type you undergo your training with.

Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79
    I tell you, this time next year, and KA will have full reciprocity. I think they're finding the error in their liberal ways
    Are you going to isolate San Francisco then and make them a separate city-state? Like the Vatican? Because I can't see them granting anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightRambler
    Are you going to isolate San Francisco then and make them a separate city-state? Like the Vatican? Because I can't see them granting anything.
    If we can get National Reciprocity, that will trump any/all local laws. As for "residents" of SF, that will have to be their battle.

National Reciprocity would not solve the problem, in that you'd still have to carry by the "rights" granted by whatever state you happen to be in.

What the PRK needs is to have the State to take full control of the law and make it uniform, state wide. Florida and many other states have done this. When written as a "preemption law," no local authories can pass a more restrictive law over the State law.

Even it that's just a dream, that's what reality often evolves from.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    National Reciprocity would not solve the problem, in that you'd still have to carry by the "rights" granted by whatever state you happen to be in.

What the PRK needs is to have the State to take full control of the law and make it uniform, state wide. Florida and many other states have done this. When written as a "preemption law," no local authories can pass a more restrictive law over the State law.

Even it that's just a dream, that's what reality often evolves from.

mm
    Good point.

CA actually has a very liberal carry law...for the chosen few that get permits. I am assuming that if National Reciprocity includes non-resident permits, CA would have to honor permits from Florida or Utah that issue to non-residents, which would have the effect of making CA open to all permit holders, including their own residents.

Of course I am just dreaming....

It's a good dream.

Unless there becomes a national CC permit, you have to keep in mind that when you can carry in a state that recognizes your state's permit, that you are subject to whatever restrictions exist in the state you are carrying in, and not the laws of the state you hold the license in.

I don't know about other states, but in Florida, a FL resident cannot get around FL law by obtaining a non-resident permit from another state and use that to carry in Florida.

Ideally, the country should actively enforce existing laws against non-law-abiding individuals carrying guns and recognize the 2nd Amendment as it was intended. Then there'd be no need for "carry permits," concealed or otherwise.

Well, since we opened it to talk about dreaming, anyway.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links