C/C and ladies evening wear

This is a discussion on C/C and ladies evening wear within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ladies (and gentlemen if your lady carries) I need some help/recommendations/opinions. Hubby and I will be attending another black tie affair in a few weeks ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C/C and ladies evening wear

Ladies (and gentlemen if your lady carries) I need some help/recommendations/opinions.
    Hubby and I will be attending another black tie affair in a few weeks and while he doesnít have issues carrying under his tux (he has a shoulder rig for under suits and a good tailor! LOL) I on the other hand donít have that convenience. I suppose I could leave my Bersa at home as I did at another even earlier this year but the entire evening I was out of sorts as it just didnít ďfeel rightĒ to me to be without my friend (you know, that annoying feeling of having forgotten something ). Iím considering an ankle rig since my gown is floor length with no slit but truly donít know how feasible this is from a comfort/stability of the gun standpoint in conjunction with bare legs and high heels.

Suggestions, opinions, recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

~DA~
    Manicures: $40
    Pedicures: $60
    Range time + ammo: $50
    Quality mother/daughter time: PRICELESS

Would a smartcarry work? Seems like this would be a good option.

I found a holster that might be just what you are looking for thanks to google. Here's the link:

Nevada Gun Leather -- Gun holsters,concealment holsters,leather holsters,shoulder holsters,holsters

Here's another one I found:

http://www.jrholsters.com/Ladies%20Thigh%20Holster.htm

If you want to see more thigh holsters use the words, "ladies thigh holster" for a google search. There are other similar holsters online.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

I don't have a thigh holster but that might be something I would look into. Depending on the style of the dress a smart carry might print.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    If you are going to be doing any dancing, you might want to practice at home first. I can easily see an ankle holster tripping you up. With the thigh holster, I can guess chaffing could become an issue so a lot of walking and dancing would be uncomfortable.

Really, with an ankle length dress, how would you draw from a smartcarry or a thigh holster? I'm not a fan of off body carry, however, if you are going with another couple who know you carry.... Maybe, in this one instance, purse carry could be pulled off safely. If you needed to hit the dance floor, you could leave your purse in the charge of the "trusted" couple who knew what you were carrying. Just a thought.

Otherwise, you may have to consider leaving your friend behind and trusting the hubby...
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

That is an excellent suggestion that you should try dancing to a variety of music at home first. If an ankle holster works, go with it. There is a chance that carrying in a smart holster may print. You should try the formal gown on at home with the holster to see how it looks. If it doesn't print and it passes the dance test you have a winner. Good luck!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Pikachu711 cheers!
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

VIP Member
    If you ever try an ankle holster, be sure it has a garter loop above the calf to support the weight. The 8 oz P3-AT 380 might make it easier to bear. You say he has a good tailor? How 'bout a secret pocket holster for a tactical ballroom dress? Or you could have him wear both guns, if it wouldn't seem inappropriate to be dancing with one hand in his pocket. I guess there are just times when circumstances preclude carry, so stay close to your designated shooter.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    Would a smartcarry work? Seems like this would be a good option.
    I was going to make that suggestion, but I am trying to visualize her drawing from one while wearing a floor length gown.

I'll refrain from the obvious, "stuff it in your bra" remark. :)
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Think about this one:

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

Not to get too "personal" and all, but wearing higher pantyhose (like thigh or above) should nix any chafing. I have one of these on order for my wife for formals. Galco makes good holsters. The benefit of this one is the strap that ties to belt or waist that keeps it from slipping.

I like the suggestion to practice at home.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

You said that your dress was floor length with no slit.
    If you think a thigh holster will work then why not have a small slit put in your one for you dress seams that closes with velcro so it can,t be seen?
    That way you can get to your gun very fast if you need it
    with no compromises

In fact you may be able to do that with the gun in any form
    or style of holster that works for you.

Now remember, I'm a guy, so I don,t know crap about dresses
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

We need someone to come up with a (smart carry type) holster that could be worn right up under the arm under our clothes. I carry my fell phone in the side panel of my bra. Have often thought that would be a good place for a small daringer if it was holstered.

It's easy to get to if wearing even a open collared shirt, or low cut gown etc.
    I just sewed a pocket into the bra where it starts to come around the front.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

VIP Member
    Just open carry, you'll be the hit of the ball!! J/K

I believe a similar thread came up about a year or so ago. Can't find it now. You might want to contact Limatunes, she may have some insight on how to carry in those circumstances.

cmb
    somone makes a tactical underarmor style shirt for concealment with pocket directly uner the arm (5.11 tactical I think), not sure about drawing or sleveless dress thing either. I say husband carry tow or three and two in a position accesible to her, dancing, walking side by side, she could have her arm around you or be arm in arm and on her gun, you have you usual accessibility!

Quote Originally Posted by drkangl6 View Post
    Ladies (and gentlemen if your lady carries) I need some help/recommendations/opinions.
    Hubby and I will be attending another black tie affair in a few weeks and while he doesnít have issues carrying under his tux (he has a shoulder rig for under suits and a good tailor! LOL) I on the other hand donít have that convenience. I suppose I could leave my Bersa at home as I did at another even earlier this year but the entire evening I was out of sorts as it just didnít ďfeel rightĒ to me to be without my friend (you know, that annoying feeling of having forgotten something ). Iím considering an ankle rig since my gown is floor length with no slit but truly donít know how feasible this is from a comfort/stability of the gun standpoint in conjunction with bare legs and high heels.

Suggestions, opinions, recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

~DA~
    Have you looked at those purses with all the sequins on it that you wear all the time? Depending on your firearm, these could suffice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links