ok, my "dilemna" (kinda) , would like an opinion on what is "proper" in this situation.
i will be travelling for work monday AM to the outskirts of a "large metropolitan area". never been there before, but many coworkers (IMHO sheep)have and its supposedly a "safe" area. but we are driving 6 hours there (lotsa distance) on highways.
1) it is against company policy to have weapons/guns in company cars.
2) will be there for 4 days. nice to have a weapon on hand in the hotel room, i think.
3) only 1 coworker going also. and he'd be ok with it and would be quiet about it. worked with him for 19 years. good guy. etc
4) where to leave it while i'm at "the plant" (job site)?
-carry it in (doubtful...i can conceal well, but 1 oops and i'm toast with the company)
-lock it in the trunk, cable lock to the car seat structure, etc ...leave it in the car.
5) tell co-worker at onset of trip "i'm actively carrying" so if we got stopped for speeding, etc. he's not surprised?
i have ingrained myself to "carry" always except when not permitted thats why carry to "work site" would be a no-no for me (probaby)...aka. felony charge...bad muju.
but "the company" isn't there in the car, while we are driving either so....foul?
sorry for "ramblin" but i want real, informed, exacting, feedback on how ya'all would handle this situation.