Ohio concealed carry permits

This is a discussion on Ohio concealed carry permits within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just a word to anyone in northeast Ohio . . . a few weeks ago I obtained my ccw via Madina County S.O. in about ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ohio concealed carry permits

Just a word to anyone in northeast Ohio . . . a few weeks ago I obtained my ccw via Madina County S.O. in about six days. This weekend my Son and his Wife took their CCW training class and this morning applied for their CCW through Lake County. They were told to return this Thursday morning to pick up their CCW. It seems very few applications are being made through Lake County, Ohio. So if you're looking for your CCW and reside in any county that touches on Lake County, that seems to be the place you want to go. Also, I heard today that Ohio has revised its Castle Doctrine. I'm not sure yet what it says exactly but I believe it has relaxed some of the restrictive wording.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Administrator
    I dont know where Madina county is, is it anywhere near Medina?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Congrats on your license.

I highly recommend these 2 sites for you if you're not already on them:
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry - The Premier Gun Rights Organization in Ohio Since 1999 - Home
    Buckeye Firearms Association | Defending Your Firearm Rights

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I dont know where Madina county is, is it anywhere near Medina?
    medina is in medina county, directly south of cleveland which is in cuyahoga county.

-spoz
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."-Thomas Jefferson

G19

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by spoz View Post
    medina is in medina county, directly south of cleveland which is in cuyahoga county.

-spoz
    I know exactly where it is, I lived up there for a long time and still hunt up there. I was pointing out the spelling error.
    "Just blame Sixto"

wpk
    Wayne county turned my app around in two days, so if your county borders Wayne, I'd recommend checking their SO out.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

I know exactly where it is, I lived up there for a long time and still hunt up there. I was pointing out the spelling error.
    my bad, didn't notice when i read it at first. what and where did you hunt in medina?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."-Thomas Jefferson

G19

I didn't know spelling counted . . . If it bothered you that much you could have pointed it out politely. From your reply to SPOZ it's evident you were just being rude. As a new member to this forum, I'd have expected more from a VIP member.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebrnr View Post
    Thank you for pointing out something constructive. I appreciate it.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardet65 View Post
    What are you, the forum spelling instructor? I didn't know spelling counted . . .
    only when you get caught

That's one of the fastest turn arounds I've heard of. I waited what felt like an eternity here in CO. I wonder if it's getting better around the country?
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    only when you get caught

That's one of the fastest turn arounds I've heard of. I waited what felt like an eternity here in CO. I wonder if it's getting better around the country?
    Generally I believe it is getting better around the country . . . everywhere but New York I guess. Someone told me they're still waiting about six months to be cleared. That should be totally unacceptable. Hope I spelled all themthere big words right.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    It'll be interesting come 2013 when the rush on renewals comes up.

I still just can't get past a 2 day lead time in Ohio. I used to travel to Ohio monthly for work and I don't consider the state to be the most friendly or easiest for CC in the country.

My theory is that a lot of places "back schedule." In other words, if they are required to turn the application around in 8 weeks, and they don't have a large backlog, they start your application 7 weeks after you drop it off.

Must be a gun friendly sherriff up there?
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Ohio's only had the cc law a few years and since passage, they have consistantly gotten more and more lenient in their application of the restrictions. New York on the other hand hasn't changed since I received my permit back in 1970. I used to live there and had the permit just in case I'd ever leave the police department I wouldn't have to sell off my guns. At least in Ohio you can own a gun without a cc permit . . . but not in New York.

when i applied in franklin county it took less than a business day (turned the application in on friday afternoon, closed sat and sun, had a message on my phone by 10:30 monday morning).

G19

It took 15 days to get mine back in April from Summit County.
    We can't stop here...this is bat country.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Res Ipsa Loquitur

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links