Do you have multiple CCWs and why?

This is a discussion on Do you have multiple CCWs and why? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by maclean3 Right now I'm focused on getting my C&R license and there's only so many expiration dates I can keep track of: ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you have multiple CCWs and why?

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3

Right now I'm focused on getting my C&R license and there's only so many expiration dates I can keep track of: DL, Permit, C&R ... I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday (or if I even ate!).
    Jack

FWIW, the ATF sends you a form to renew automatically. I am due in May and I got one last month in the mail. Don't know if same for other FFLs, but I have a C&R and this is my experience. Though you would like to know.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

2. Remove Ads

I have NH (obviously LOL) Ma, Ct, Me.. Vt has no laws on CCW so ya'll have an automatic CCW in that state
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by freakshow10mm
    FWIW, the ATF sends you a form to renew automatically. I am due in May and I got one last month in the mail. Don't know if same for other FFLs, but I have a C&R and this is my experience. Though you would like to know.

Wow, didn't know that - much appreciated. Looking forward to getting that license for all the deals!
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    My resident FL permit covers me nearly 100% throughout the south and that's all I care about. When I was in college at the University of Alabama, I had a permit that was perhaps the easiest to get I've ever seen: Went over to the sheriff's dept in my little ROTC uniform, the sheriff came into the parking lot and looked me over and said, "You look okay to me!" and so I paid my $5 or $10 and got it on the spot. It was nearly as easy in the early 1980's in Washington State where I was stationed. Back then we could (and did) carry on post, in bars, wherever we wanted!
    Its still almost as easy. Fill out a card wait several weeks, go pick up the permit, pay $7. No classes no nothing. Entirely to easy in my opinion, but not as bad as those crazy nothern states and Califonia.
    Crookcatchr

Theres no such thing as owning to many guns.

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Wow, didn't know that - much appreciated. Looking forward to getting that license for all the deals!
    Jack

No problem. Midwayusa and Brownells gives discounts to C&Rs. Lots of online distributers available for C&R guns. Too many to list.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member
    I have VA (former home state, but the permit is still good), MO(current home state) and UT(pick up other states I want). I went with Utah because they protect my personal info and it is cheaper than Florida. Plus I've been to Florida 5 times in my life (41 years) and have no need to go there except when required for business.

I have family in Washington and go there for vacation. Plus I get almost all the states I need in between with UT and MO. I would not get a Florida permit unless I went there since they don't honor non-resident permits. However if you go there then get the Florida permit. No need to get Florida and Utah from my perspective unless it just works out that you need Florida and Washington. I think Utah is still cheaper than Washington. That and Washington wasn't issuing non-resident permits until recently if I recall.

-Scott-

Right now: OR and NH (tech, VT and AK also).

Had: GA, ID

Want: WA, FL, UT

Why? Because WA is right next door, UT and FLA cover just about all of the Shall Issue States.

Wayne

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links