Intervent in fight?

This is a discussion on Intervent in fight? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a real situation that happened to me. If you were armed in this situation what would you do. I will give what I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intervent in fight?

Intervent in fight?

This is a real situation that happened to me. If you were armed in this situation what would you do. I will give what I did after a few posts.

Driving down a residential street in my F150 pickup truck. All of a sudden out a a small driveway come 8 or 10 guys. They were all over one guy. Kicking, punching and moving out into the street while beating this guy. I stopped my truck about 50 feet back from the altercation. I could not reallly drive by without hitting some of the group. As I could see the situation a little more, I observed that he guy being beat was an older white male, 50 or so year old, kinda scrufy looking (homeless?). The attackers were all male hispanics, mostly in mid 20's or so. There was blood on the victum. He was being kicked and punched. He was surounded by the group. What would you do?

2. Remove Ads

call the police
    no much you can do against a mob

Call 911

VIP Member
    Agreed call 911 and be a good witness.

I would call 911 but I would have a real problem watching someone get beat to death, no matter what they look like.

Call 911 and hope that the guy getting beat up was an intruder and the 8 to 10 guys were the home owner and his buddies.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Call the police. Facing down a mob can be a pant watering experience at the least.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Guy getting beat up?

Wow. Got cellphone, dial 911, scream help guy getting beat. Leave truck in reverse, foot on brake, step out with one foot, scream vamanos and fire a warning round in the air...if they run for you, jump in and back out of there, but you may just save the guy's life.
    Don't know if they would be consequences later for discharge of gun,
    but probably worth the risk...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke16 View Post
    Wow. Got cellphone, dial 911, scream help guy getting beat. Leave truck in reverse, foot on brake, step out with one foot, scream vamanos and fire a warning round in the air...if they run for you, jump in and back out of there, but you may just save the guy's life.
    If a warning shot was a good idea to begin with I wouldn't want to waste one of my rounds against 8 or 10 guys. I'm just sayin.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

I keep a camera in my car. I would take pictures while calling the cops for later evidence. Then if possible, I would try to indirectly stop the beating. I might honk a few times . If they took one step towards my direction, I'm in reverse and out of there. Depends on the surroundings and other things.

Do you not think that you could have taken 10 Hispanics? Personally, they know never to mess with me. My mere presence would have compelled them to stop their criminal activity. If they did not stop their loathsome acts I would resort to shinning up the ford emblem on your truck...I would make it real shiny….I would then turn that sumbitch sideways and stick it up each of their candy a$$es. LOL

Seriously, keep your distance and call 911. You could try yelling at a distance to deter their activity.

VIP Member

For a second there...

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone55 View Post
    Do you not think that you could have taken 10 Hispanics? Personally, they know never to mess with me. My mere presence would have compelled them to stop their criminal activity. If they did not stop their loathsome acts I would resort to shinning up the ford emblem on your truck...I would make it real shiny….I would then turn that sumbitch sideways and stick it up each of their candy a$$es. LOL

Seriously, keep your distance and call 911. You could try yelling at a distance to deter their activity.
    For a second there I thought we were going to find out why your name is Tombstone :)

Not much to do about a mob and especially when you do not know the whole situation. 911, honk, gun in easy reach, yell out that the police are on the way. Then use car to get away or as a weapon if you can't get away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke16 View Post
    some might disagree with me.......... but i would NEVER shoot a warning shot.... right here in KC area 2 people this weekend seperate situations they were minding their own business when they got hit by a stray bullet that was apparently shot from some where else......

if one shoots a warning shot ..... one does NOT know where it will go or land, let alone hit some innocient person.

In this situation.......... Call 911 talk with them while the situation is going on... be a Good witness.
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

+1 on no warning shot.

I was in a similar situation when I was about 16. I got jumped by a group of gang members. I fought while I could and was still standing, but once I went down I just covered up. A guy across the street came out of his garage with a big pipe or something in his hand and yelled real loud. That alone was enough to make them run off. Needless to say I appreciated it.

I'd say call 911, yell, honk, etc. but don't get involved any more than that. No need to put yourself at risk for someone you don't know in a situation you don't know all the details of.

1923mack, what did you do and how did the situation end? Just curious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links