Open Carry with CCW permit in WA? - Page 2

Open Carry with CCW permit in WA?

This is a discussion on Open Carry with CCW permit in WA? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks, havent shot that one yet. About the open carry stuff, there may be no law against it, but is really worth the hassle of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Carry with CCW permit in WA?

Thanks, havent shot that one yet.

About the open carry stuff, there may be no law against it, but is really worth the hassle of having to stop what your doing and answer questions... if your lucky. I used to work in a gas station and a guy was carrying concealed and a ladysaw it when he sat down. she called the cops and said someone was robbing the place. This was in north bend and the cops dont have alot to do at 8pm on a monday, so every one in the valley swarmed the place. The lady didnt even tell me she called or anything and had left when the police arrived.

The iron horse trail is the old railway bed that goes over the pass. I usually go up to the summit and bike down the pass into town.(27 miles or so) Right at the top is a 2 mile tunnel that is pitch black and cold. Lots of fun but bring a flashlight and a coat. Exit thirty two i think has the concrete. I used to shoot up there all the time, great little areas with huge backstops in the middle of nowhere. There were some alittle to close to the highway so they closed them all down. That and everyone brought computors and refrigerators to shoot at.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Mill Creek is correct, 100%. The lack of clear statutory definition notwithstanding, Washington should be considered concealed carry only. Sure, you may get by a few times based on generally oblivious sheeple and sympathetic LEOs, but you won't forever and you put your CCW at risk.
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

In this country, the US of A, there does NOT have to be a law permitting something, in order for it to be "legal."

That is and has been one of the hallmarks of a "free society."

In order for anything to be "illegal," there must be a law against it. This became obvious to some, back when LSD first hit the streets. There was no law against it, so no one could be arrested for having or selling it. It wasn't until new laws were written that it became "illegal."

That said, it will be true in some cases that an existing law can be applied to an otherwise uncovered circumstance. When this does happen, and it does, usually a new law will be written. If you fall victim to a misapplication of one law to cover something that law was not intended for, you may well have legal recourse to fight it. If you can afford it. . .

In any event, pay NO attention to what any of us say about the law, unless you a willing to risk your freedom on it. Seek real advice, from a real lawyer, who practices law in your area.

Any other action would be foolish.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, didn't play one on TV, nor did I spend the night in a Holiday Inn Express.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    In any event, pay NO attention to what any of us say about the law, unless you a willing to risk your freedom on it. Seek real advice, from a real lawyer, who practices law in your area.

Any other action would be foolish.
    :c-yes3:

I have to wholeheartedly agree. You are the one at risk of an overzealous officer or an overimaginative .
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links