First Day CCW Report

This is a discussion on First Day CCW Report within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; congrats also for SO ohio. as far as "tander" goes, yer hip will toughen up in about a week or so of consistent carry and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Day CCW Report

congrats also for SO ohio.
    as far as "tander" goes, yer hip will toughen up in about a week or so of consistent carry and you'll never even notice yer carrying as it will be part of yer wardrobe.
    if yer going IWB i totally understand the tender aspect as i thought i made a huge mistake in the purchase of my first IWB holster but after some consistent wear we reached a 'mutual agreement' and its all good now. don't even notice it anymore. IWB is my main mode of carry.
    (unless you look at my last thread where i will be carrying OWB for next week due to work travel issues...see concelead carry discussion "would you carry or not")
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

2. Remove Ads

There are a couple of us here that are brand new to CCW (9 days now) congratulations. I also found that my gun made my hip (and back) hurt but I have experimented a bit more with placement.

On Wal-Mart, I have it from the store managers here that they are going to stop carrying many types of guns and ammo (they have already reduced wuite a bit).
    Live Free or Die

On my first day of gun carrying, way back in 1991, I was carrying a centennial under a lightweight jacket. I went to a local Krogers to buy groceries.

About every 2 minutes, it seemed like I was checking to see if my gun was still in the holster. Along with that, I was positive everyone in the store knew I had a gun on.

Of course, it was silly, no one did.

You'll do fine. Ive been carrying near on 16 years now, no troubles.

Good work..
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Well im also going to experiment with placement. I carried yesterday at 3:00 and wasnt happy because my love handle pushed my OWB into my hip. But if i carry at 4:30 like I want to then the butt of the gun prints like crazy with just a t-shirt! So i may have to try a IWB. But ill give this one some time and see how i feel in a while...
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Congrats...

People in California are not even looking for CCWs, there is no expectation that it exists, even for those that are gun enthusiasts. I wouldn't sweat it and the feeling that people are looking at you will soon go away.

As for holsters... I've probably spent more on holsters than guns, and I have expensive taste in firearms. :D

Keep in mind that everyone is different (shape, style, comfort, etc). You will have to find what works with you and realize that all holsters will feel odd at first.

I search the classifieds on the biggest forums for good deals. It seems we all have the same problems in finding the right holster, so someone is always looking to sell one that didn't work out for them.

Good work on your first day!

I carry my XD9 Service IWB at the 1:30 position when I am out and about. It sits in nice and tight there and printing is a non-issue. It's easily reachable even from a sitting position inside my truck with the seatbelt on after some practice!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Gelicious,

Very glad to hear that your "first day out" was a non-event!

This is as it should be. In a little while, you'll stop looking for excuses to go somewhere, just to be out "carrying." It will become just part of your routine. In this case, routine is good!

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links