Is this true?

Is this true?

This is a discussion on Is this true? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My fellow New Jersians or anyone with insight. Fron nj.com which I found on NRA-ILA. It peaked my interest because our lovely Governor is calling ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this true?

Is this true?

My fellow New Jersians or anyone with insight. Fron nj.com which I found on NRA-ILA. It peaked my interest because our lovely Governor is calling us potential criminals because we have guns. What is more interesting is that there is an amendment:

Amendment to S. 1390 which would require states like New Jersey, which refuse to recognize the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms, to honor Right-to-Carry permits issued by other states, much in the way driver's licenses are honored throughout the country.

Here is the rest of the story
    Corzine to Millions of Honest Gun Owners: You're Potential Criminals and a Threat to Public Safety - Scott Bach

NRA-ILA :: New Jersey: Corzine to millions of honest gun owners: You're potential criminals and a threat to public safety

Can New Jersey be turning a little to the right? It'll take a lot of work I mean a lot of work. It starts in November with the Governor election.

What would it mean for guys like me who have non res. licenses?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms" Thomas Jefferson

moving right is always better.

VIP Member
    Even if NJ did a 90 degree right turn, it would still be too far to the left for my tastes. The only good thing to come out of NJ is..........can't think of anything!

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Even if NJ did a 90 degree right turn, it would still be too far to the left for my tastes. The only good thing to come out of NJ is..........can't think of anything!
    +1

This is why i go to school in the Old Dominion, can't wait to go back.

The corn and tomatoes are good. Jersey has a great view like in your rear veiw mirror.

"I don't care who you are, that's funny right there." ...

Joined the Army in "86" Left Perth Amboy without a backwards glance.

Can't come close to finding a reason to go back.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

jbs
    salt water taffy
    (and the view in the rearview mirror)

Have you ever noticed how many Jersyites live in VA now? My brother in law is from NJ and has been here for 15 years, and it seemed like 20% of the people I met in bars in Richmond were from New Jersey. It's almost like they all wanted to leave there and move South, but couldn't bring themselves to go any further than our great Commonwealth!

As long as they don't bring Jersy style politics with 'em, they're welcome here! And stop talking funny.

New Jersey

An empty bus maybe?
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

I can't defend it and I won't. I'm here for the work originally from PA and counting the days till I go back which maybe sooner then I think with the real estate taxes going up and they are already high.

I knew we can't trust people from NJ, boy they are all criminals, if they have guns, think about having, they are out to do carnage.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

As a NJ resident for 10 years now, I'm pretty much convinced that greater firearms freedom (including concealed carry) is near to hopeless. And the problem isn't first of all with the politicians. It's the population. They're just plain anti-gun and anti-hunting. We have bear literally living among homes in the suburbs, and the populace want nothing to do with a hunting season to thin out their numbers.

Our larger cities (Newark, Camden, Patterson, Jersey City, etc.) are about as bad as it gets when it comes to violent crime. But being able to protect oneself doesn't even register with most of the people I know. I had someone ask me just tonight why I would even want to own a handgun.
    And my sense from the NJ LEO I've talked with is that they don't much like the idea of armed citizens either.
    Just my 2 cents... I hope I'm wrong on this.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Thanks folks, You just made feel better about living in California.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    Thanks folks, You just made feel better about living in California.
    Uh, I lived in Northern California for m5 years. Had to move there because my girlfriend had a job with Cisco paying megabucks (half million a year in federal income tax!), and couldn't leave. But while we used to alternate weekends flying back and forth, she had an injury after being hit by a car while riding her bike to work, and couldn't fly for a year. Except for having the best job of my career, I hated N Cal, and couldn't wait to return t Vegas, which we did in 2005. We only could do it then because she had to go on disability retirement. But Cisco was changing, and she wouldn't have continued to make the money that she did, and so by taking their retirement offer, not only did she get benefits from her disability insurance, social security, etc, but they paid her $60K to do it. Their gun laws suck. It's difficult to impossible to get a CCW permit, except in a few counties, none of which were close enough to be able for either of us to work. So, maybe California is netter than NJ, but not by much, as least as far a guns are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    As a NJ resident for 10 years now, I'm pretty much convinced that greater firearms freedom (including concealed carry) is near to hopeless. And the problem isn't first of all with the politicians. It's the population. They're just plain anti-gun and anti-hunting. We have bear literally living among homes in the suburbs, and the populace want nothing to do with a hunting season to thin out their numbers.

Our larger cities (Newark, Camden, Patterson, Jersey City, etc.) are about as bad as it gets when it comes to violent crime. But being able to protect oneself doesn't even register with most of the people I know. I had someone ask me just tonight why I would even want to own a handgun.
    And my sense from the NJ LEO I've talked with is that they don't much like the idea of armed citizens either.
    Just my 2 cents... I hope I'm wrong on this.
    Problem is, you're talking about NORTH Jersey. It's crooked, smells bad, and is solidly BLUE. Go down to South Jersey, they still have farms, woods, hunting, and except for the strip along the Delaware River (Cherry Hill, Sewell, Camden and Gloucester Counties), it's about 90% RED STATE. Problem is, north outnumber South 3 or 4 to one.
    Guns don't kill people.
    Gaping wounds in vital organs do.
    ============
    NRA Life Member
    Colt M1911A1 / H&K USP45

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links