Anti-CCW cards -- have you seen these?

This is a discussion on Anti-CCW cards -- have you seen these? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Cards to hand out to businesses who are not CCW-friendly. Have you seen these? What do you think? PerSecUSA - Free Resources...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti-CCW cards -- have you seen these?

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar

Cards to hand out to businesses who are not CCW-friendly. Have you seen these? What do you think?

PerSecUSA - Free Resources
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

I think that it could be effective to some managers or owners who do not realize that they are loosing business over it. But I also think that the people who are dead set anti-ccw will just brush it off and use the excuse that they don't want "crazy gun nuts" in their store anyway.

-spoz
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."-Thomas Jefferson

G19

I like the idea
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

I have used cards that are very similar. Although I have not heard any feedback directly, I have had comments return of both minds. I have seen the "No Guns Allowed" signs come down, and I have heard that "They don't want (THAT KIND) of business anyway.
    If it changes one mind, to use liberal's famous quote, it just may be a start in the right direction.
    Although the Senate harpooned us yesterday.................

I think this is good for smaller businesses, but the big boxes will just follow what corporate tells them. Does anyone know of a site that keeps track of what chain stores don't allow concealed carry?

Not a bad idea at all.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KSTrekker View Post
    I think this is good for smaller businesses, but the big boxes will just follow what corporate tells them. Does anyone know of a site that keeps track of what chain stores don't allow concealed carry?
    Here in VA our grassroots organization runs a listing on their website, not sure if the Kansas grassroots organization does. You might also check Gun Owners of America's site for a listing of gun owner unfriendly sites.

VIP Member
    As already mentioned Bunny, they probably will have little effect on the big chain stores. Smaller locally owned and operated stores will see the impact that one person can make on them, especially now when the economy is struggling.

Great Idea.... I will be printing some.
    Charleston 9 & FDNY 343 "Sacrifice Is Meaningless Without Remembrance"

Ohioans For Concealed Carry have a similar busniness card thaat they now sell for $3 for 25, less for larger quantities. I tried to cut and paste a picture, but it didn't work. I always carry a couple in my wallet. I've given out some in the past couple of months and have changed some of the places I shop since receiving my CHL.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    These are the cards I carry. There are three versions, Kansas, Missouri, and generic. There are even instructions on how to print them out yourself.

No Gun No Money
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by KSTrekker View Post
    What many people don't realize is that local managers at "big box" stores sometimes MAKE UP their own gun rules CONTRARY to corporate policy. This is frequently the case at Walmart. A call to corporate invariably gets things straightened out.

I say [Edited] them, and carry anyways :)

they're not supposed to know you carry anyways! it should be concealed :)
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; July 23rd, 2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Language violation.

I like it! thanks for the info, I have saved the PDF and am currently printing them as we speak....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by spoz View Post
    I think that it could be effective to some managers or owners who do not realize that they are loosing business over it. But I also think that the people who are dead set anti-ccw will just brush it off and use the excuse that they don't want "crazy gun nuts" in their store anyway.

-spoz
    so your saying that it is a win or wash... no loss. Either we get a convert and we now carry in that business or they still think we are "gun nuts" and nothing changes. ill take my chances handing out cards.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links