Carrying @ Concerts??

Carrying @ Concerts??

This is a discussion on Carrying @ Concerts?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm taking my wife to the Rascal Flatts/Darius Rucker concert tonight in Jacksonville (Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena)and I would like to be able to carry ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrying @ Concerts??

Carrying @ Concerts??

I'm taking my wife to the Rascal Flatts/Darius Rucker concert tonight in Jacksonville (Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena)and I would like to be able to carry IWB like I normally do when we go out.
    Is this going to be a problem?
    Should I just leave it secured in the truck?

Anybody here been there and know the procedures?

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Well, you're not going to a professional sporting event...I'd say you are good to go. Actually, you are good to go.

I went there a while back to see David Copperfield, I carried and there were no problems.
    No signs (which mean nothing anyway)...
    No checks...
    In Jax, I'd take extra mags...

Stay armed...expecially in Jax...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If something goes down, be really careful though. We're responsible for anything our bullets hit! Even if it goes down in a crowd.

I always do there.

I did have a problem one time, when they had metal detectors at the door; which required me to turn around and go back to the truck.

But all the other times, they just search woman’s hand bags.

It seems they are checking more and more at concerts in general.
    That is just an observation from KC. Guys are now asked to pull stuff out of pockets.

Cool

Might depend on who owns the facility and if there is a "paid admission".

As an avid concert goer... I have found that it really varies depending on the venue. I've been to a few concerts that had pat downs (granted if I had been carrying anything they would have missed it...). Others just have a look in the bag policy, some nothing at all!

Ok well I figured I would post and let everybody know the outcome. First of all, Great concert! Cledus T. Judd, Darius Rucker and Rascal Flatts. Anyhow, They were checking bags and purses and such, but other than that there was not a problem carrying my normal gear. Below is a pic of my normal gear. Although it changes from time to time. Thanks for the responses before guys. Later
    Attached Images

DO NOT CARRY INTO ANY PUBLIC EVENT LIKE A CONCERT. Just my .02. Even if you were to need it, the risks are way too high for innocent bystanders. What I usually do in such a situation is to carry a small knife and a stungun type device. The range is going to be contact distance anyway in a really jammed venue. You need quiet control not gunshots ringing out guaranteed to start a stampede and really injure or kill dozens of folks without cause. PS Welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by ExSoldier; July 24th, 2009 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Add welcome
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Every concert that I've been to in many years has had people with hand wands searching for weapons. Then again, I only go to Jimmy Buffett concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    Every concert that I've been to in many years has had people with hand wands searching for weapons. Then again, I only go to Jimmy Buffett concerts.
    I'd go with a SmartCarry and a big Western belt buckle. The wand will sound and they will attribute it to the buckle. Your waist will be clear.

As for the high risk of collateral hits when shooting in a crowded arena, I don't worry about inside the venue, but would be carrying for my way back to my car.

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by C Paul Lincoln View Post
    I'd go with a SmartCarry and a big Western belt buckle. The wand will sound and they will attribute it to the buckle. Your waist will be clear.

As for the high risk of collateral hits when shooting in a crowded arena, I don't worry about inside the venue, but would be carrying for my way back to my car.

Charles
    As I recall last concert I went to, (Brooks and Dunn, and ZZ Top) they had wand type metal detectors at the gate. I wasn't carrying, I don't think I had my CPL yet. But I think that as I recall they were being lazy and only wanding under the arms to the waist. The were not bending down and going all the way to the ankles. I was thinking to myself, if I used an ankle holster it would get though.
    I wonder what the legal aspect of that would be?
    They wanded you, there were no "No Guns" signs displayed. If you did get made, you could state, "Gee I didn't know you were looking for guns"
    It's all moot anyways because in Michigan we cannot carry in stadium that seats more than 2000, or 2500 people. I suppose the DTE concert venue would be considered a stadium even though most of the seating is on a grass hill side.

+1 on the ankle holster.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHorn View Post
    It seems they are checking more and more at concerts in general.
    That is just an observation from KC. Guys are now asked to pull stuff out of pockets.
    As long as they only want to see what is in my pockets, that's okay.
    I went in for a drug test (Job requirement) and the nurse asked me to empty my pockets, so I did. She didn't ask me to empty everything inside my wasteband. (Yet.)
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

It's country/western concert. Every country concert that I have been to, ALL the concert goers were polite and well behaved.

The Pink Floyd concert on the other hand was a little bit nuts if ya know what I mean.

I got stoned just breathing the freaking air
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links