I created it, now what do I do?

This is a discussion on I created it, now what do I do? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty I think your friend needs to grow up and realise he ain't carrying a squirt gun,he will either be arrested at ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I created it, now what do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I think your friend needs to grow up and realise he ain't carrying a squirt gun,he will either be arrested at some point for unlawfully carrying concealed or the way he seems to think a 2 or 6 yr old won't or can't pull the trigger on a pistol is gonna end up tragically.IMHO if you want to carry a firearm you better have enough brain cells to realize the importance of being responsible.He is the perfect Brady poster child

+ 1 . Tell him to stop with the carry until he gets a license for it, even if he has to save up for a few months, getting caught will cost a whole lot more than 3 bills.

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like he needs to take a good gun safety course.

Mike

if nothing else, tell him to check into a utah non-resident permit. i just sent off for mine and it was only $165 for the class and the permit fee.

Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    + 1 . Tell him to stop with the carry until he gets a license for it, even if he has to save up for a few months, getting caught will cost a whole lot more than 3 bills.
    Sounds to me like he needs to stop owning until he gets a head on his shoulders. Send him these links. Maybe they'll help:

Pastor Talks About Vandalia Child Killed By Gun - News Story - WHIO Dayton

Google Image Result for http://negligentdischarge.com/5four.jpg

YouTube - GUN SAFETY Plaxico Burress of New York Giants negligent discharge

Accidental Discharge and other Videos on StupidVideos.com

Gun Goes Off and other Videos on StupidVideos.com

Why Kids Shouldnt Play With Guns

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

If he gets arrested thats his fault, what really disturbs me more than anything is leaving a loaded gun around his infant children, this gentleman doesnt seem to be a very responsible person.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I think your friend needs to grow up and realise he ain't carrying a squirt gun,he will either be arrested at some point for unlawfully carrying concealed or the way he seems to think a 2 or 6 yr old won't or can't pull the trigger on a pistol is gonna end up tragically.IMHO if you want to carry a firearm you better have enough brain cells to realize the importance of being responsible.He is the perfect Brady poster child
    +1

When it comes to guns you either play by the rules or you don't play at all. There is no grey area.

Related Current Event

LAS VEGAS -- Las Vegas Metro police have charged a 31-year-old man with felony child endangerment after his son accidentally shot himself.

Giovanni Kopystenski, 5, was rushed to Spring Valley Hospital and later University Medical Center Monday night, but doctors could not save him.

Police said the boy was in a car driven by his father, Alexander Kopystenski, when he found a gun between the seats.

The car was at the drive-through of a Walgreens drugs store near Warm Springs Road and Durango Drive when the boy fired a single shot, striking himself in the head.

I guess I need to explain a bit more since the thread is taking the course of what is going to happen if the kids get ahold of the gun. Maybe I wasn't clear when I talked about the end table or fridge, etc.

He would place the gun on the end table while he sits in his chair watching TV, since he had no holster and it was being carried in his back pocket, it went on the end table when he sat down. The top of the fridge was used when he was outside with the kids or whatever and didn't feel that it would stay in his pocket. I didn't mean for folks to get the idea that he would just leave the gun laying around and walk off and leave it where the kids would have easy access to it.

The issue I am trying to cure him of is carrying outside of his home or car without the permit. By his admission two times by accident. Yea, he is quite a bit younger than us, actually his wife is probably young enough to be our daughter, and may not be as responsible as I would like, but don't think that he is as bad as some of the post are indicating. There hasn't been any, at least to my knowlege, instances of allowing his children to come into jeopardy.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

jgp
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Of course this comes at a price, about 300 bucks in our area of Texas from start to finish, and he says he really doesn't have that kind of money
    So then it is assumed that he can't cover the $10,000 fine and felony defense for unlicensed possession of a weapon in a liquor store? Might have that discussion with him.

This guy is knowingly braking the law. It sounds like you've explained what will happen to him if he gets caught . You have done your job the rest is up to him.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

DM2
    Quote Originally Posted by jgp View Post
    So then it is assumed that he can't cover the $10,000 fine and felony defense for unlicensed possession of a weapon in a liquor store? Might have that discussion with him.
    +1
    Also, if you have kids, I wouldn't let them play at his house either, knowing how irresponsible he is with his own children.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

I guess I need to explain a bit more since the thread is taking the course of what is going to happen if the kids get ahold of the gun. Maybe I wasn't clear when I talked about the end table or fridge, etc.

He would place the gun on the end table while he sits in his chair watching TV, since he had no holster and it was being carried in his back pocket, it went on the end table when he sat down. The top of the fridge was used when he was outside with the kids or whatever and didn't feel that it would stay in his pocket. I didn't mean for folks to get the idea that he would just leave the gun laying around and walk off and leave it where the kids would have easy access to it.

The issue I am trying to cure him of is carrying outside of his home or car without the permit. By his admission two times by accident. Yea, he is quite a bit younger than us, actually his wife is probably young enough to be our daughter, and may not be as responsible as I would like, but don't think that he is as bad as some of the post are indicating. There hasn't been any, at least to my knowlege, instances of allowing his children to come into jeopardy.
    And I'm suppose to believe everytime he gets up to take a whiz or go get another beer he picks his gun up and takes it with him,If he forgets to take it off when he leaves his vehicle,he ain't gonna remember to take it to the bathroom,thinking I'll only be gone a couple seconds and hey the kids are in their bedrooms,what could happen
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

He doesn't carry with one in the chamber since he isn't comfortable yet.
    probably a very good thing...
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Have him go to the web site of the Las Vegas Review Journal )Las Vegas News, Business, Entertainment Information - ReviewJournal.com). Then have him look for the story that occurred I believe Monday, where a man had his kids in the car, and stopped at a drug store drive in window. His gun as on the console. While at the window, he heard a gunshot, and turned to see his son bleeding from the head. He took the child t a hospital, where he died. Father is now in jail on felony child endangerment charges. He has a dead son, and most likely a prison term coming, and of course as a felon, no gun rights. As far as the car is concerned, suggest a center of mass car safe, that he can secure his weapon in when going into a prohibited area.

I know that this may sound a tad "radical" but do you think having "Joe" put a "no handgun" sign somewhere in his car where he'll see it is a good idea? In this case if he sees the no handgun sign it might remind him to leave the concealed handgun at home?

What do you think? I think that he'll get a reminder before he leave the house with an "illegal" concealed handgun.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Since, he said he can't afford his chl, you should print out some of the fines for illegal carry and show him how much more it would cost him when he gets caught.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links