Wayne LaPierre Speaks Out on National Right to Carry Bill

This is a discussion on Wayne LaPierre Speaks Out on National Right to Carry Bill within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those who may not have seen Wayne Lapierre on MSNBC... msnbc.com Video Player...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wayne LaPierre Speaks Out on National Right to Carry Bill

Wayne LaPierre Speaks Out on National Right to Carry Bill

For those who may not have seen Wayne Lapierre on MSNBC...

msnbc.com Video Player
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the link.
    I had not seen that interview
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

He is correct. Thanks for the link. One of the most interesting statistics I heard was that not one state with a shall issue statute has made any attempt to rescind it. Quite the opposite in many cases. Look at all of the states which have passed Castle Doctrines. Despite Chuck "The American People Don't Mind a Little Pork" Schumer.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Uggh. That was painful. Watching Mitchel barely hide her smug disapproval makes me want to hurl.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Wayne Lapierre means well, but he is not the greatest front-man for 2A rights. I think he struggles with too many of his answers, and often times he speaks in broad generalities.

He basically gets hammered with the same questions over and over. I would think he would have the world's most clever answers to those questions in his repertoire.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

I love how quickly those interviews end when it doesn't go the way the interviewers want it to.
    Be Safe,
    Chuck

2 votes short dang.

look how your state voted U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

better tell your nays next time to vote yea
    Last edited by hybrid; July 24th, 2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: forgot to add
    NO 3rd party disputes

The power of imagination is the key to life.

It helps you think ahead, consider the possibilities,and prepare you for the future.
    If you lack that ability, you're no different from livestock trapped behind a fence.

VIP Member
    Yeah two GOPers voted No, it could've passed had these two said yes!

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I was pretty disappointed with him, actually.

He missed opportunities to counter what the reporter was saying.

Example:
    Reporter: "Why are police chiefs, etc. all across the country all opposed to it?"
    LaPierre: "... mumble mumble they're all political hacks mumble mumble..."

MORE EFFECTIVE: "Look, the police chiefs in cities like New York oppose concealed carry because they have no experience with it. Law enforcement heads in many states and cities across the country who opposed concealed carry and whose states have it now are now supporters of it because they now recognize that their fears were unfounded. In fact, the state sheriffs of Illinois recently all indicated their support for CCW in Illinois, one of only two states that doesn't allow it at all..."

The one great one he got in was pointing out that famous and rich people in New York can get permits, while the normal people most likely to be victimized cannot.

Yeah two GOPers voted No, it could've passed had these two said yes!
    One of which was Voinovich of Ohio. I've written to him on several occasions and have yet to get a response. Problem is he's not running again. The man is a RINO. He was also a lousy Governor. Guess he's a poster child for the Peter Principle.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

So let me get this straight if 2 of the non voters voted yes it would have passed. We needed 60% yea's correct? Which made us only 2 short of passing.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms" Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    In my state, both Senators voted "nay"

does anyone know of any stock letters to send to them to express my disapproval of their vote?

Im not the most eloquent speaker or as well-versed on the facts of the issue as many, but I do believe that this amendment should have passed and I'd like some help letting Senators Wyden and Merkley know.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    In my state, both Senators voted "nay"

does anyone know of any stock letters to send to them to express my disapproval of their vote?

Im not the most eloquent speaker or as well-versed on the facts of the issue as many, but I do believe that this amendment should have passed and I'd like some help letting Senators Wyden and Merkley know.

Anyone?

Same here, in Wa. Cantwell and Murray.

im drafting a letter them both now...we'll see how eloquent I can be, and if I think it is good enough, I'll post it here.

best letter grade I ever received in an English class was a B I think...most were C's...

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSlack View Post
    Same here, in Wa. Cantwell and Murray.

im drafting a letter them both now...we'll see how eloquent I can be, and if I think it is good enough, I'll post it here.

best letter grade I ever received in an English class was a B I think...most were C's...
    Looking forward to seeing it!

Well...what do you guys think? any recomendations will be greatly appreciated.

anyone who would like to use this to contact their Senator, is welcome to use it. just replace the Senator's name's.

Dear Mrs. Cantwell,

Recently, a vote was held on the National Right to Carry Bill. I see that you and your fellow Washington Senator Murray both voted Nay. I write to you to urge you to reconsider your position on this subject.

This Bill would have allowed a Concealed Weapons Permit holder to cross state lines, and have that state recognize their Concealed Weapons Permit, as long as that person is abiding by the laws set forth in that state. It would be treated just like a driver’s license.

Some opponents of this Bill say that there is not enough standardization across the Nation to put something like this into effect. I again compare this to a driver’s license. There are different requirements across the Nation to obtain a drivers license, yet each State recognizes, or reciprocates, another’s driver’s license. Further, each state has some different laws about driving, and one must obey them. Same with a National Reciprocity Concealed Weapons Permit.

Again, I urge you to reconsider your position on this matter, and support this Bill. It is every person’s right to defend themselves no matter what State they may be in.

Sincerely,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links