Inquiry about the "Bad LEO Experience" thread going on - Page 3

Inquiry about the "Bad LEO Experience" thread going on

This is a discussion on Inquiry about the "Bad LEO Experience" thread going on within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you have nothing to hide, then... you have nothing to hide. Either tell the truth, or simply tell them you were not charged, it ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inquiry about the "Bad LEO Experience" thread going on

If you have nothing to hide, then...

you have nothing to hide.

Either tell the truth, or simply tell them you were not charged, it was a mistake and the details are none of their business.

If you feel like making it a teachable situation, then do so. Tell them the truth, and it shall set you free!

Reading the other account of a simple traffic stop; I find it hard to believe such a thing can happen. Mind you Iím not disputing a fellow DC memberís account but I am questions why this Police department has not given their officers training courses in how to deal with a CCL subject.

As to what to say; if it were me, I would not have to tell them anything. They would already know about it from the news report of the local PD having legal action filed against them in civil court. Iíd mail a copy of the complaint to all the news stations and news paper.

Reading the other account of a simple traffic stop; I find it hard to believe such a thing can happen. Mind you Iím not disputing a fellow DC memberís account but I am questions why this Police department has not given their officers training courses in how to deal with a CCL subject.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach and Holly View Post
    If you are not a teacher, I hope you understand the severity of implications this situation could arise. Especially, in the extraordinarily liberal city of Eugene. I know you offered some witty remarks about what "liberal" means. I myself am a liberal. I'm simply a liberal who believes strongly in gun rights. Heh, don't hate me, defensivecarry.com!

It's simple for outsiders looking in to simply proclaim "always tell the truth!!!". Of course that is the best answer. If I were in a different profession, I wouldn't even bat an eye lash. But this is dangerous ground where I live.
    Yeah, Eugene isn't exactly a conservative town! (says the Oregon State alum...) As a pastor I can feel your pain about profession, but in reality that is not the issue. In fact, IMAO the exact OPPOSITE is the issue. Your integrity is even more important than other professions because you are in a position of trust with a vulnerable population.

So if you want to side step the gun issue, then by all means offer up only what you want to. But lying is simply a step into the lion's den. Put integrity first, and even if you don't bring up the main issue for the handcuffs don't lie about it.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links