Non Resident CCW

This is a discussion on Non Resident CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for people like me who live in a state like NJ who can't get a CCW from your home state. My question ...

Thread: Non Resident CCW

Non Resident CCW

I am looking for people like me who live in a state like NJ who can't get a CCW from your home state. My question is how respected is a non res license from another state. My non residents are from FL and VA. Have any of you ever had a problem with a non res in another state. For example a New Jersey guy getting pulled over in PA or another state not including the states were you got your non res in like for me FL and VA. Ever had any problems with LEO's or State Police hastling you for being from a non gun state with a non res license from another state. I haven't had a problem but, i am just curious what to expect if it ever happens. Hopfully it never does. Would love to hear from LEO's or State Police members on this issue. Thanks
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms" Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

If there is recognition by the state you are visiting (they recognize the permit even though you are not a resident of the state your permit is from), you have no reason to be concerned. You are as legal as any other CCW'er who is legally carrying his/her weapon.

Stay armed...KNOW the state's laws...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It may depend on how knowledgeable the police are in terms of reciprocity. You could get some yahoo cop that assumes you're not legal if you don't have HIS state's CCW.
    But I haven't heard of any issues yet.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Big question....have you tried to get one in your home state and were denied because............or....

Do you not qualify and didn't even try?
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    Big question....have you tried to get one in your home state and were denied because............or....

In some states, Maryland being one of them, unless you have political connections or transport large amounts o money, or have numerous documented death threats applying for a CCL is nothing more than making a non-refundable contribution ($100+) to the State coffers. That is why I've never applied in Maryland. When I moved here in the 70's I had a Pennsylvania permit (before it was "shall issue").

Hope that provides some information/answer to your question.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post

Did you not see where I live. We are talking about a state that won't even let you go into a shop and handle a gun let alone purchase it without a background check and a 30 day wait which in most cases turns into 60 days and sometimes months. It's flipping bad here for gun people. I have not tried but, have been told by many locals that it's nearly impossible unless there is just cause. I know protection is just cause but not to the state of NJ were jut mutts and not important. Let's not forget where I live The Peoples Republic of New Jersey. People with business and that transport a lot of money I believe can get one but, after hours are not allowed to CCW outside of there business duties.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms" Thomas Jefferson

Links