legal ? - Page 2

legal ?

This is a discussion on legal ? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As a felon he cannot own, posses, control or have access to firearms. Your firearm on your belt is not in his possession or control, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: legal ?

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    As a felon he cannot own, posses, control or have access to firearms. Your firearm on your belt is not in his possession or control, and he doesn't have access unless you hand it to him or he takes it by force. If a cop stops him on the street does the cop have to disarm?

Your mother, however, can not keep firearms in the house unless they are strictly under her personal control... ie: kept either in a safe he doesn't have the combination for, or on her person. If you live at home same for you.

Just because he's had his rights restricted doesn't mean every single person he know or come into contact with has their restricted.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier
    As a felon he cannot own, posses, control or have access to firearms. Your firearm on your belt is not in his possession or control, and he doesn't have access unless you hand it to him or he takes it by force. If a cop stops him on the street does the cop have to disarm?

Your mother, however, can not keep firearms in the house unless they are strictly under her personal control... ie: kept either in a safe he doesn't have the combination for, or on her person. If you live at home same for you.

Just because he's had his rights restricted doesn't mean every single person he know or come into contact with has their restricted.
    Correct answer. You should not be residing in the home while he is there (and "be in possession" of your weapons. Visiting is ok, but if the weapon(s) are ever not under your direct control, you can both be in trouble(in the dresser, while you're sleeping, for instance).

As long as he is not in posession of it, there should be no problem.
    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

member: NRA, SAF, GOA, USCCA
    GeorgiaCarry.org

I am a reserve LE in California. Sure you can carry around him. There is no problem as long as you keep your weapon concealed and on your person. Things can only go sideways if you were to take your gun off and place it on a table or something of that nature. so probably best to leave it somewhere else if you were to spend the night. other than that carry your gun like you are supposed to,CONCEALED, then everyone is covered.

No offense to anyone posting, but ONLY take legal advice from a lawyer, and then only from one who practices in your state. (And I don't even like lawyers. .. )

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

There is a big difference between rifles stored on the property and a concealed handgun carried with permit. You have already admitted in print in a public forum that you know he is a felon parolee with firearms restrictions, so a "don't ask, don't tell" policy doesn't work for you. Intentionally visiting his domicile is not the same thing as him being thrown together with strangers carrying in a public place. You could easily jeopardize his terms of parole. You need real legal advice from a lawyer in the jurisdiction where your mother and step-father live.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links