Somebody talk me down!

This is a discussion on Somebody talk me down! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's officially been 30 days. I know they said "90 day wait for CCWP" but come ON! I had to wait 90 days after taking ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Somebody talk me down!

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar

Somebody talk me down!

It's officially been 30 days.

I know they said "90 day wait for CCWP" but come ON! I had to wait 90 days after taking the class just to get the APPOINTMENT TO APPLY for the darn thing! And they said it was usually only a 30-day wait, they're just saying 90 to cover their butts.

Do I call CMSO Permit office and ask about the status of my permit, or just bite my tongue for 60 more days?

I am NOT a patient bunny. This sucks so bad right now.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

2. Remove Ads

Just schedule more range days to get over the frustration till the permit comes. I assume that your area is going through the same thing that folks across the country that process permits are going through. Lots of people who all the sudden want their permits, and want them now.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    I'd call and see what they said, then go to the range to work of any frustration on some zombie targets!

Just wait...I wouldn't bug them. You're not going to speed up the process with phone calls...OMO

Hang tight, get to the range, enjoy your pooches...it'll be here before you know it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sometimes I just don't understand what takes them so long.

After all, no one waits for 90 days for a drivers license, right? It can't be that difficult.

And somehow, it doesn't seem to be the time it takes for a background investigation, since some states are very prompt about sending out the permits.

I've kept a valid CCW permit since 1995, and I can't remember ever waiting for more than a week or so for it to arrive. Heck, last time I renewed they sent me the renewal paperwork about 2 months before the old one expired, and I had the new permit a week or so later.

But then, complaining about it doesn't seem to help. They'll take as long as they need, and nothing seems to speed them up.

:(

Daryl

Bunny, I live in Johnston County and received mine in 6 weeks and 4 days total. That's pretty great if you only count business days! Wake County usually gets their MUCH faster. Their Sheriff is all for CC and has made it possible for a quick turn around. Seeing as their is a HUGE fluctuation between counties, I would conclude that it just depends on the Sheriff, how they personally feel about the subject, and the staff that they can use for processing. I actually marked off the days on the calendar while I was waiting. I wasn't even here when they called, my son answered the phone and had I not seen the number on the caller ID, I'd have still been waiting on a call because my son forgot to tell me!

Bunny, I'm feeling the pain over here in Guilford, too. Called last week to check status (it has been about 65 of the 90 days) and the lady indicated they are still waiting for paperwork to come back. I'm wondering if the delay is on the Federal level? Huge spike in apps around here over the last 12 months, so I'm guessing there is quite a backlog.

I've got my Florida permit to keep me warm until NC gets it together.
    "...for all who draw the sword will die by the sword." Matthew 26:52

Cool

61 days for me in Guilford Cty last winter.

I'm kinda envious, I live in Texas. I'd be thrilled to get mine in 90 days with the way our current system is running here. I know that doesn't make your wait any easier, but it might give you a little more gratitude for the state you live in. :)
    Our kindness may be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe.

-Gordon B. Hinckley-

Relax...It'll come. Wanna hear something irrational? I took a day off work to go to the county offices to apply for mine, then I actually looked in my mailbox for it when I got home... I'm awesome at irrationally wishful thinking.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Hope it's not like in my little part of the world. Everything goes through (all local and state police and FBI checks) without a hitch in about 3-4 months and your application then sits on the judge's desk awaiting signature. It sits there until your six months of waiting then it gets the rubber stamp.. Really stupid !

bosco

Hey, I'm with ya all the way. I'm on day 42. Still need to get a decent CC holster though, and I want to be a really good shot before I actually start CCing. Nobody's accidentally getting shot because of me!

As said before It doesnt make it come faster, But im also very jealous. I put mine in the day after I turned 21. Two weeks ago. A good friend of mine but his in 2 and 1/2 months ago. Sheriffs came out to interview him last night. She said she does alot of the interviews and normally its about 6 months after she hands in her paperwork. So all together im looking at another 8-10 months, with NO record. Good luck and hang in there! Range time eases all pain. Josh

VIP Member
    I really like leather holsters. The incredible anticipation to get the good stuff drove me crazy, so I ordered some Kydex and nylon rigs to keep me going. Take two M&M's and listen to that Carley Simon song.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Go iron a shirt and make your husband a grilled cheese. That should put you back on terra firma. (flamesuit on)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links