Shooting Log

This is a discussion on Shooting Log within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Defenseless tree? It's bark is probably worse than its bite...oh man, that sucked...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shooting Log

Defenseless tree? It's bark is probably worse than its bite...oh man, that sucked

2. Remove Ads

VZWNNJ

Bad, very very bad, ....now for your act of contrition, please recite after me 20 times: I will not shoot defensless trees, I will not shoot defensless trees....etc. etc. etc. (you can leave out the etc. etc. etc. part, thats just for dramatic effect).

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ppro
    Eminent threat of loss of life, or grievous bodily harm....coupled with the ability opportunity and intent (or the appearance thereof), to inflict said harm.

Understanding threat response levels and threat response dynamics.

These would be the kind of things I would be far and away more concerned with myself than logging shooting practice.

To me, the greatest test is to reasonably prove that you were justified in your actions.....

My recollection of the necessity to train (shoot) and document is demonstrate your ability to safely and proficiently handle your firearm, which has little or nothing to do with the legal challenges per say, unless you cause undue harm to the innocent or uninvolved. At the point you injure a innocent person or a non threat......you have way big problems that your shooting documentation will do little to help you survive, to some greater extent.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Paul

Let's not forget that the shooting log is also a useful tool in keeping track of the number of rounds you fire through a particular gun (helpful during preventative maint., and selling/trading said weapon).

It also demonstrates a desire to become proficient with your weapons, and reduce chances of innocents being injured/killed. It shows you are dedicated to, and take very seriously, your self-protection.

If it wasn't important to have such records, there wouldn't be any police dept. anywhere keeping track of it for thier officers: after all, they've been trained, they should know what they are doing from now on...

Personally I would rather have it "just in case" I ever need to verify my dedication to self preservation.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Paul you are correct that the most important part is being justified in your actions. However what can it hurt to keep the records just in case?
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links