Blogger writes Senator about Thune er reply and his

This is a discussion on Blogger writes Senator about Thune er reply and his within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Response from Senator Murray By: Joe Huffman Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:59:23 PM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) ( Crap for brains | Gun Rights | ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blogger writes Senator about Thune er reply and his

Response from Senator Murray
    By: Joe Huffman Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:59:23 PM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) ( Crap for brains | Gun Rights | Politics )

At least I had fun. I wonder if she and her staff will enjoy reading my response as much as I did writing it:

Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:30 AM
    To: Joe Huffman
    Subject: Response from Senator Murray

Dear Mr. Huffman:

Thank you for writing to me regarding S. Amdt. 1618, Senator Thune (R-SD)'s amendment to provide for uniform reciprocity for concealed weapon possession across the country. It is good to hear from you.

Senator Thune's amendment would allow gun owner with a right to carry concealed weapon in one state the right to carry a concealed weapon across the United States. Like you, I am concerned about the level of violence in this country, and its effect on our families and communities. Legislation to regulate the use of firearms is and should remain primarily a state issue. I believe that our national crime-fighting strategy should include reasonable measures to control firearms that strike a balance between reducing street crime and maintaining individuals' rights.

As a U.S. Senator, I have supported common-sense measures to reduce or restrict gun violence while posing the least possible inconvenience to law-abiding gun owners. Please know that as the Senate considers this and other firearms legislation, I will keep your concerns regarding this important issue in mind. If you would like to know more about my work in the Senate, please feel free to sign up for my updates at Get Updates from Patty - U.S. Senator Patty Murray - Washington State. Thank you again for writing, and please keep in touch.

I hope all is well in Kirkland.

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:58 PM
    To: Senator Murray
    Subject: RE: Response from Senator Murray

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this important issue.

Since you are of the opinion that legislation to regulate the use of firearms is, and should remain, primarily a state issue I presume I can count on your support of efforts to remove firearm regulations at the Federal level. I would like to suggest you introduce legislation to undo the continuing infringement of our rights inflicted by the following Federal firearms laws:

• National Firearms Act of 1934
    • Gun Control Act of 1968
    • The Hughes Amendment
    • The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act

Once those are infringements have been successfully resolved I will be glad to provide you with a list of other Federal firearms laws that need to be eliminated as well.

Since you are opposed to Federal regulation of firearms I cannot help but conclude you are also opposed to any new Federal firearm regulations. I was concerned that you might be considered a supporter of a new ban on “assault weapons” or think there was some utility in restricting both the First and Second Amendments by some law that claims to “close the gun show loophole”. As I’m sure you know there is no such thing as a “gun show loophole”. All Federal laws that are applicable at a gun shop are also applicable at gun shows.

Thank you for your support. I will be sharing your email and my response on my blog and with my friends at NRA-ILA. This will allow other Washington State gun owners know what a good friend they have in you and for the NRA-ILA people to start a dialog with you to begin getting some relief from the stifling and bewildering array of Federal gun laws.

If you meet any resistance in your efforts to roll back the infringements on the Second Amendment I would like to suggest you ask them Just One Question:

Can you demonstrate one time or place, throughout all history, where the average person was made safer by restricting access to handheld weapons?

I’ve been asking that question of gun-control supports for several years now without once getting a defendable answer.

Regards,

Joe Huffman
    -----
    The View From North Central Idaho
    Boomershoot!
    Modern Ballistics

Good job!

Very well done!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Interesting and very careful choice of words. Kinda reminds me of Open Pit Bar-B-Que sauce. It offends no one. (his letter back to you - not yours to him).

I have several letters into our RINO Senator and former Governor, George "I'm the Education Candidate" Voinovich. Yup, he sure showed us. No responses so far. But he is not running again. Our other Senator has provided similar responses to what you received. I've made it clear that support is a two way street. I think that's the only thing they understand. But it takes a lot of people to do that. Good on you for taking the time to do so. I can tell you one thing, if the prices of postage goes up again, I may have to take out a second mortgage to afford sending letters to those who are supposed to work for me.

My Representative, who is also a friend, is involved in shooting sports at CMP, and is as strong a 2A proponent as Sarah Brady is an anti.
    Last edited by Divebum47; July 28th, 2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Clarification
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Very nice!

Nice job.

Well said.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

GOOD JOB...

Very nicely done. :)

VIP Member
    Bravo!

Did you notice how placatingly uncommittal was the political speak of the senator?
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    very nicely done!
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

you will not get action in this from her.
    even if you point out the flaw in the stated reasoning for her voting agenst it.

replace her with someone that supports gun rights.
    replace her with someone that supports states rights.
    replace her with someone that supports honesty in goverment.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

VIP Member

Love it.

Very well written.

I'm going to keep a copy for future plagiarizing, if you have no problem with that.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Let me be clear I am not the writer in hindsight I should have quoted it.It was written by a pro2A Blogger. Like you I thought his response was great so reposted it here.The Blogger (Joe Huffman) also host Boomershoot every year in which he sets up a range and allows people to shoot reactive targets and by reactive I mean they go BOOM!!!(hence the name)

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiller2 View Post
    Let me be clear I am not the writer in hindsight I should have quoted it.It was written by a pro2A Blogger. Like you I thought his response was great so reposted it here.The Blogger (Joe Huffman) also host Boomershoot every year in which he sets up a range and allows people to shoot reactive targets and by reactive I mean they go BOOM!!!(hence the name)
    Doesn't matter that you're not the writter, thanks for posting it! This is a great example of what all of the 2A supporters need to be doing on a regular basis! Sooner or later they will be unable to ignore or side step the issues!
    [One Nation Under God]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links