First Few Days Carrying With CCW - Page 2

First Few Days Carrying With CCW

This is a discussion on First Few Days Carrying With CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rugerman My wife was not real keen on the idea of me carrying a gun so I did not tell her when ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugerman
    My wife was not real keen on the idea of me carrying a gun so I did not tell her when I was carrying. She didn't even know until she gave me a hug and a kiss on that first day. I figured if she didn't notice I was doing pretty good. If someone out there knows how I can get my wife over the fear of guns and get her to the range let me know. She is a smart woman and carries pepper spray with her whenever she leaves the house but I would love to get her a little 9 and a CCW too. My 17 year old daughter can't wait to go to the range with me.
    I had to kinda beg my wife to go through the process with me. She is not anti-gun at all, she just didn't think it was practical and doubted she would ever need it. I sincerely expressed my concern for her having car trouble and being stranded in an isolated situation, plus this was something we could do "together". That always pushes her buttons.

However, after she went shooting with me at the range and then later attended the class and range qualification, she has now been talking about what carry options she is considering. She just needed some exposure. She is now very proud of her CCW permit...I even had to caution her to stop whipping it out and showing people. (the permit that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Rugerman
    She is a smart woman and carries pepper spray with her whenever she leaves the house but I would love to get her a little 9 and a CCW too. My 17 year old daughter can't wait to go to the range with me.
    Congrats on the Permit!

I fortuanately have a gun freindly home where my wife and all of our kids, the older ones anyway (the 4 year old has a few months yet ;) ) are knowlegable of weapons and all have recieved lots of saftey as well as practical instruction on everything I own. We used to make a day of it at least once of month. The kids loved going to the range.

The wife is getting her CCW as well. Being from the Louisiana and surrounded by hunting most of her life she wasn't moved too much when I showed her my handgun when we first began dating almost 15 years ago. She was more interested in when she could fire it.

Good luck on having your wife warm up to your handgun. Just get her in the car one Saturday, grab a bite to eat, then drive up in front of the range and say "Come on in for a second, I want to show you something."

Spoon

Welcome to the club! I used to "occasionally" carry, but after two completely random violent crimes in Minneapolis happened, I now carry everywhere I can legally. I don't feel "right" without my XD with me now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links