ESPN Story regarding NY giants/Plax ND fiasco... - Page 2

ESPN Story regarding NY giants/Plax ND fiasco...

This is a discussion on ESPN Story regarding NY giants/Plax ND fiasco... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by archer51 To be honest I'd like to see the state of NJ and the Fed's go after him when NYS is done ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Story regarding NY giants/Plax ND fiasco...

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    To be honest I'd like to see the state of NJ and the Fed's go after him when NYS is done with him
    I'd rather see NY and NJ fix their laws so Plaxico could carry his Glock without it being a felony. I understand that many professional athletes have been targeted for robbery since they have wealth; if I were one of them, I'd want to be armed at all times.

Heck, I'm not one of them and I want to be armed at all times.

I have noticed that most of us are quick to condemn someone else for doing something not so wise. Alot of us are quick to call someone all kinds of names even the president of these united states. Wait a minute, all of us have done stupid things(even me) and some of us have paid the price more than others. Plaxico was making about 4-5million dollars/year playing football which put him in an exclusive club of being targeted by people that want to take what he has and even take his life, yeah I know he should have hired a bodyguard but evidently he didn't want to. Some people are quick to critique someone else's action which might be justified especially in this case. I have a valid CHP and I don't advertise my net worth by buying $100,000 cars although I could and that is my business. My face is not plastered all over the news and I am grateful for that but at his age I might not have made some of the wiser decisions that I make now. I am a law abiding citizen that keeps my weapon with me basically all of the time especially when I am off of my property. I don't know Plaxico's mindset at the time he was illegally carrying but I do know that we should be especially careful name calling because alot of us doing the name calling don't know the real definition(s) of the name(s) that we are calling our fellow human beings.

With the kind of money these guys have and the risks to their person, they could hire a bodyguard/driver for the cost of the drinks they buy and avoid shooting themselves, getting robbed and driving drunk and killing people.

You'd think they'd figure it out.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    I'd rather see NY and NJ fix their laws so Plaxico could carry his Glock without it being a felony.
    So would I, but as law abiding citizens we have to comply with the laws as written even if we don't agree with them, and should work to change them thru legal means. As such he broke the law and should pay the penalty for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    I understand that many professional athletes have been targeted for robbery since they have wealth; if I were one of them, I'd want to be armed at all times.
    Yeah and there are plently of wealthy (and famous) people out there who have taken the time to get the (near unobtainable) permits in NY/NJ and carry legally there all the time, given his celebrity status and wealth, he could have done the same, but instead he was more concerned with getting "cred" and trying to be gansta.....
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    +1. Multiple felonies in multiple states, including federal felonies.

I don't have much experience with Glocks, so maybe a Glock owner can clear this up, but wouldn't it be extremely difficult to accidentally discharge the weapon as you "grasp for it falling down your sweat pants"? 5.5 lb of trigger pull isn't exactly a hair trigger.
    If you drop a Glock, let it fall, it has 3 safeties and wan't discharge. If you grab for it and catch the trigger, it could go bang.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

It would be easy to pull the trigger if you don't know enough about the safties on the gun. If you think the gun will go off if it hits the ground you are going to be grabbing for it as fast as you can and pretty clumsily. In his case even if he knew it wouldn't go off he was still probably worried about people seeing him pick up a gun he was illegaly carrying off the floor of a club. I know even if I was legally carrying at walmart this would be a worry for me. Of course since I use a holster this is not a huge risk for me.

The guy is a 'professional marooon', an accident waiting to happen...and it did. Fortunately, he only injured himself.

He is arrogant, over-paid (IMHO), and a danger to himself and others...he needs a 'state sponsored' vacation to bring him back to reality, and his gun-toting days should be over.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Also, I would add 1 count of Felony Endangerment (Class-D felony in NY state, I believe) per person in the club
    If there were 150 people in the club, assuming 10 years per count, hundreds of years would elapse before he was eligible for parole. So you think a life sentence is appropriate---in a state where murderers frequently get 25-to-life and eventual parole.

Here is my .02 There is probably no big athlete than Michael Jordan in his day. MJ stated recently in an interview that he used to have 6 undercover body guards with him at all times until he day his father was killed then he had 8. Never knew who they were but all where legally armed. They went everywhere diiner,games,everywhere a good bodyguard knows how much space to give the client and never know they are there. Anybody can call an armed security company and hire an armed undercover guard for $50 p/h times 6 hours of partying $300.00 times 2 nights a week $600.00? Not shooting yourself in your leg, loosing your contract, not going to jail. PRICELESS.

I wish the state of New Jersey would as well but, the problem we have is he's has money and is a sports figure. Not condoning it but, its reality. This is why more and more gun laws are made and the argument is made that people with legal guns do thing illegally. Well if you don't apply the laws that are on the books then how will you ever stop it? As long as we have people with fame and money and who are above and beyond the law; we the people who obey the laws and keep by the book will have to pay for those who don't. I have always said we don't need more laws just bleeping apply the ones we have. New Jersey is a non carry state; therefore he should go to jail. As long as there Hollywood and misinformed reporters like Sal Paolantonio were going to have problems not to mention the liberal media sucking this crap up. Sal Pal as hes referred to around here is a local Philly sports reporter for ESPN mainly the Eagles. Good sports guy but obviously could use some firearm recognition training.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms" Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Here is my .02 There is probably no big athlete than Michael Jordan in his day. MJ stated recently in an interview that he used to have 6 undercover body guards with him at all times until he day his father was killed then he had 8. Never knew who they were but all where legally armed. They went everywhere diiner,games,everywhere a good bodyguard knows how much space to give the client and never know they are there. Anybody can call an armed security company and hire an armed undercover guard for $50 p/h times 6 hours of partying $300.00 times 2 nights a week $600.00? Not shooting yourself in your leg, loosing your contract, not going to jail. PRICELESS.

I didn't realize he had so many, though I suppose that makes sense. It still bewilders me that an athlete as high profile as Plaxico didn't have armed guards. There seems to be a rash of assaulting NFL players going on. It just doesn't make sense to me.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    If there were 150 people in the club, assuming 10 years per count, hundreds of years would elapse before he was eligible for parole. So you think a life sentence is appropriate---in a state where murderers frequently get 25-to-life and eventual parole.
    Fine by me. He endangered everyone in there with his stupidity...

We just had a football player, Stallworth, KILL someone while DUI and all he got was a few weeks in jail....and he killed an innocent man.

Plaxico should go to jail but I don't see the benefit of a long term sentence.

personalities in sports

A real good book that will give those of us who have to work for a living an insight into the mind of the "star" particularly sports figures, but I imagine it would also apply to film and TV personalities, is the autobiography of Hollywood Henderson who used to play for Dallas 25 years ago. It is also a good read, and yes they think they are above it all.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJim View Post
    We just had a football player, Stallworth, KILL someone while DUI and all he got was a few weeks in jail....and he killed an innocent man.
    Apples and oranges. Stallworth took responsibility for his mistake, plead guilty and reached a (probably substantial) financial settlement with the family of the man he accidentally killed.

Plaxico has only gone through the Grand Jury stage; there is still plenty of time for him to be able to buy his way out, too. A large contribution to Mayor Bloomberg's reelection fund would probably help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links