multiple gun carry

multiple gun carry

This is a discussion on multiple gun carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; does anybody carry more than one gun at a time? why? what?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: multiple gun carry

multiple gun carry

does anybody carry more than one gun at a time? why? what?

I do not. I carry my XD9 with 15 in the house and 15 in my extra mag. I usually head out with the wifey and she carries 7 in her MK9. If I ever need it, I'm hoping that will be enough. I trust in my XD9 to deliver should I ever need it.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    many times i do carry two. as to why well as an officer i had my strong side elbow broken in a fight that turned into a gunfight , it was not an experiance to be repeated , now i carry a " get off me " gun on my weak side , and when i leave the house a primairy carry iwb strong side normaly . it fits my peace of mind and i hope that answered at lest one of your questions lol

Nope, I haven't found a back up I like yet. Doubt I ever will either! I was on a mission to find one awhile back but never pulled the trigger on one yet.

My carry guns are flawless so I rely on them and carry an extra mag, total of 16 rounds.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Lead Moderator
    occasionally I carry either a second compact pistol or my NAA .22 for a last ditch gun. Why ? It's a dangerous world out there, better to have it an not need it , than the other way around.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Not yet. I want to get a J-frame as a backup though. Like Redneck Repairs, I want to have an option for my weak side hand to go for. I plan to carry the revolver in an ankle holster, which granted is not quick access while standing, is very easy to draw seated. When in my car my primary is basically unaccessible, so I want another option.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

VIP Member
    I carry a second gun when I'm off-duty (BUG carry while on-duty is prohibited by my and I believe the majority of fed agencies). My usual off-duty guns are a Kahr P9 Covert and a PM9; both 9mm utilizing the same magazines. The PM9 goes in a weak hand-side pocket holster.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

My primary carry is a full size SA 1911 in a Max Con V. It can be slow to access with heavy clothing on, buckled up and seated in the car or truck. I have occasionally carried a J frame in a pocket holster also. I just got a SA Lightweight Champion. I carry the Champion in a Alessi shoulder holster. This setup is working out pretty well for the times I want to have quicker access to a gun while driving. You would be amazed how easy it can be to conceal two 1911s and a total of 50 rounds with the proper gear.
    NRA Life Member

"All That Later"

Assistant Administrator
    Mostly just the one (226) but actually not at all unusual to have NAA Mini in a pocket as well - it is so small and easy to have there.

Other times if I feel a better BUG is wise then R9 might be in pocket or on ankle.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

OD*

does anybody carry more than one gun at a time? why? what?

Yep, all the time
    Why? Because Mr. Murphy is alive and well.
    What? Depends, sometimes another 1911, or a S&W M-36 or 60, always a Kel-Tec P32.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Well the saying is, "one is none, two is one, three is two..." but so far I do not carry a backup. I am relatively new to every-day carry (being a recent California refugee) so strapping on a backup will have to wait.

I do however agree that a BUG is a wise thing to do, for the very reason Redneck Repairs stated. I could use a Glock 27 as a BUG but I am thinking I'll go to a revolver on weak side eventually.

VIP Member
    I do when I can, and I'll have my Colt Cobra ankle carry. With summertime coming up, I don't know how often that will be. My NAA Mini Mag might have to go back on duty in the bottom of my pocket.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Colt Defender and a Kel-Tec P32. All the time that I'm awake. I have thought about just skipping the P32 but it's in a pocket holster and I never, ever notice it at all. So.... might as well just have it with me.

Often times I will carry my full sized not-so-stock SA GI 1911 in an IWB Kydex Blade-Tech holster, with my Ruger SP101 in my Smartcarry. With these two together I don't feel undergunned in the least.

clipse

Amelia Isle. only has about a month of coat weather, so even though I try my best to keep a full size 9 with me, the P3AT is always in the pocket. Win. Rangers in it too.

This isn't any quick-draw setup, but even on the beach, I just add a zip lock storage bag, and I can get splashed with no problem.

I just try to stay away from condition white, and tell myself that it much faster than running back to my car.

B.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.-- Yoda
    G4W is now, be "Vigilant Always" - Bruce, (vet)USASA, NRA, IDPA, USPSA, IHMSA, & USCCA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links