Wow...what a comfy carry pistol!

This is a discussion on Wow...what a comfy carry pistol! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night wife and I went to a concert, Paolo Nutini. Great show, shades of Joe Cocker when on stage! Wife was concerned about carry, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow...what a comfy carry pistol!

Last night wife and I went to a concert, Paolo Nutini. Great show, shades of Joe Cocker when on stage!

Wife was concerned about carry, maybe getting "caught" by security and sent back to the car to lock it up. So, I was the "DC", Designated Carrier...

So, for the first time, I borrow her Ruger LCP in a Mika Pocket Holster and off we go.

We travel through two of what I'll call "checkpoints" going toward the outdoor amphitheatre at the Minnesota Zoo.

First is a bag search, where a guy apologetically looks in wife's purse, saying, "Sorry, just looking for drinks and cameras." No attention to me.

Next is where the tickets are scanned, with a rent-a-cop standing just beyond each scanning person. They acted more like Wal Mart greeters than security staff, smiling and saying hello. I stopped to chat with one about him being able to catch the show for free--he grinned like a kid getting a new bike! These guys weren't Blackwater material.

Anyway, to the point of my post-- that LCP was a dream to carry. Lighter than my J-frame with the Mika holster disguising the outline very well. We've tested it on four types of ammo and it performed flawlessly, so I felt confident that it was dependable.

Before we went I read the fine print on the ticket and no mention of firearms being prohibited, just babble about alcohol, cameras, etc.

Someone could have walked through with a 250 lb. bomb on a luggage cart and they'd not have noticed...what a joke.

Very clean cut crowd, but heavy drinking, so there could well have been some violence, but thankfully it was peaceful. Of course, as the DC I drank water.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    I'm glad it was uneventful! I've never heard of Paolo Nutini personally.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

VIP Member
    Heah Jimmy,
    You and I share the save DAV status as well as our passion for the LCR. If I didn’t already have a customized 642-P, I would have certainly preferred the LCR.
    Regards,

P.S. Oops! I just realized you were referring to the "LCP" and not the LCR. Anyway, it's nice too!
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    I'm glad it was uneventful! I've never heard of Paolo Nutini personally.
    For a listen, go here and one of his latest songs will play: Paolo Nutini : Home
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Heah Jimmy,
    You and I share the save DAV status as well as our passion for the LCR. If I didn’t already have a customized 642-P, I would have certainly preferred the LCR.
    Regards,

P.S. Oops! I just realized you were referring to the "LCP" and not the LCR. Anyway, it's nice too!
    Based on what I've heard about the LCR trigger compared to the S&W 642 I may just buy an LCR this year....

Headed to a Kenny Buffet Chesney concert this Friday in Jacksonville FL, and I’ll carry my little P3 AT Kel Tec 380 for the same reason.

Sorry but this guy Paolo whatever ain't got it. He is a flash in the pan.
    Five years from now, you will ask someone about him and they will ask you who you are talking about.

"Let's see if this cat has legs"---Mel Torme

Quote Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
    Sorry but this guy Paolo whatever ain't got it. He is a flash in the pan.
    Five years from now, you will ask someone about him and they will ask you who you are talking about.

"Let's see if this cat has legs"---Mel Torme
    Each to his own--bet he's pullin' down more jack than you are out there in the hills....

And you quote Mel Torme....

The LCP and the Kel-Tec are both nice for carry like that. And yes, the are very flat and easy to almost forget. Obviously not everything written about the Ruger has been positive. However, it appears they may have fixed the early issues with the gun.

LCP or P-3AT (I have the P-3AT) will both neatly tuck into a pocket and disappear...so easy to carry, yet still offer some SD.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    LCP or P-3AT (I have the P-3AT) will both neatly tuck into a pocket and disappear...so easy to carry, yet still offer some SD.
    I was looking at a P3AT for this very reason. However, when I held it, I thought it felt a little too cheap. I've heard nothing but good things about them though.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    Anyway, to the point of my post-- that LCP was a dream to carry. Lighter than my J-frame with the Mika holster disguising the outline very well. We've tested it on four types of ammo and it performed flawlessly, so I felt confident that it was dependable.
    Welcome to the dark side, brother. LCP with CT is my every day carry. I drop it in my pants pocket and it either disappears or looks like a PDA. I carry two magazines in my weak side back pocket (never used to carry anything there).

Be careful with Remington JHP. I couldn't go through a whole magazine without a failure to chamber.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Paolo Nutini is a good artist. He played our local Art Museum fund raiser last year. His show was very good.

I had some issues with Winchester SXT ammo in my P3AT. Sent it to Kel Tec and it took 11 weeks to get the gun back. It arrived while I was on vacation last week. I haven't had the chance to fire it just yet. I always fired FMJ ammo without fail so I'm hoping I can use the HP ammo now. I missed having the gun while it was at Kel Tec. Forgot how nice it carried until I had to carry something bigger in situations where it was tougher to conceal.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

Glad your LCP (and Mika holster) was comfortable & descrete. But, by the sound of your post, you could have done likewise with a pair of well-holstered S&W X-frames under your shirt. Except for that pesky weight thing.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links